Here's everything you need to know, including how to get setup so you can ask Google to play Frozen or Grey's Anatomy while you're cooking up dinner.
How to control Disney+ with Google Assistant on smart displays
To get started using Google Assistant commands with Disney+ on your smart display, you'll have to link your Disney+ subscription to your Google Home or Google Assistant app.
Once you do that, just say something like "Hey Google, play Togo" or "Hey Google, play The Mandalorian".
Link your Disney+ account
- Open the Google Home app on your mobile device.
- In the top right corner, tap your account.
- Make sure your mobile device is connected to the same Wi-Fi as your smart display.
- Go back to the home page, and in the top left corner, tap Add + > Videos.
- Next to Disney+, tap Link > Link Account.
- Complete the sign-in steps. You will need your Disney+ login credentials.
Voice command examples
- "Hey Google, play Togo"
- "Hey Google, play The Mandalorian"
- "Hey Google, play Frozen 2"
Disney+ has been available on Google Assistant-enabled smart displays since late 2019. You can also use Google Assistant to play Netflix, Hulu, CBS All Access, and HBO content. This Disney+ capability is still great though, especially for those of you streaming from a Nest Hub or Hub Max.
Check out Google's support page for more details.
Is that it?
Nope. Google also has a Frozen-themed interactive story, in which characters from the movie - Anna, Elsa, Olaf, and Kristoff - tell stories around the campfire that explore the world of Frozen 2.
To get started just say, "Hey Google, tell me a 'Frozen' story", and then you can pick which character you'd like to narrate.