Apple's iPhone 2019 event is done and dusted, and during the show, it announced when Apple TV+ will launch and for how much.
CEO Tim Cook said the video streaming service will go live on 1 November in over 100 countries, and it'll cost just $4.99 per month for a family subscription. He did not specify which countries or how much the service will cost outside the US, but we expect to know those details shortly.
Cook really talked up the new trailers for the service's original content, saying they've already generated millions of views. He bragged that its original series, The Morning Show starring Reese Witherspoon and Jennifer Aniston, is autumn's most anticipated new TV show premiere.
To further encourage signups for the service, he said Apple will offer anyone who buys an iPhone, iPad, Mac, or Apple TV one year of Apple TV+ for free. You will even be able to subscribe to and watch Apple TV+ at tv.apple.com on the web via the Safari, Chrome, or Firefox browser.
For more about Apple TV+, see Pocket-lint's guides here:
Apple is now finished with its event at the Steve Jobs Theatre in Apple Park, where it announced its annual update to the iPhone. Be sure to browse all our coverage on Apple's new hardware, software updates, services, and more:
- It's official: Apple announces 'all-new' iPhone 11 series
- Apple iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max are the powerhouses of the new series
- Apple Watch Series 5: Release date, price, news and features
- Apple Watch Series 5 official with Always On display
- The entry-level iPad just got bigger - but it's still at the same great price
- What is Apple Arcade, how much does it cost and when will it be available?
- Apple Arcade will be available on 19 September and cost $4.99
Shop for cell phones, prepaid phones and cell phone plans at AT&T Wireless. AT&T is a wireless telecommunications company providing coverage to millions of customers in the U.S. AT&T offers exclusive products from Apple, Nokia, Sharp, Sony, LG, Moto, Samsung and other manufacturers. The cellular company remains a favourite of consumers who like its sharp voice quality and discounts on cell phone plans.