Up to six profiles can be added on one Amazon account, with one being the primary account holder and up to five additional profiles for other adults or kids.
As with several rival services, including Netflix and Disney+, each Prime Video profile will show personalised recommendations, search history and watch list. You will no longer find your homescreen dotted with shows and movies other members of the family have watched. And, you're less likely to be inundated with recommendations of pre-school cartoons - unless you like such things, of course.
Kids profiles can also be parentally locked to show content that is age appropriate - with a maturity rating of 12 and under.
- Amazon Prime Video: How to cancel your channel and app subscriptions
- Fire TV Stick vs TV Stick 4K: Which Amazon streaming stick is best for you?
Prime Video Profiles are currently restricted to "selected countries only". Amazon told us that includes India and other territories in Asia for now. We'll let you know when it will also roll out to other regions.
In addition, only select devices currently support Prime Video Profiles:
- Android and iOS phones and tablets
- Web browsers
- Fire tablets (Gen 10 and above Fire tablets will have profiles)
- Living room devices (Prime Video app on Apple TV Gen 2 & 3, Chromecast)
- Prime Video app on Fire TV (only in India at present)
These devices do not currently support profiles:
- Fire TV home screen experience
- Alexa devices with a screen
- Living room devices (except Chromecast, Apple TV Gen 2 & 3 models)
- Fire Tablet Gen 9 tablets and below