The Amazon US Prime Day sale is only a few weeks away. It's an annual event exclusive to paid Amazon Prime subscribers and there are always some amazing offers from Amazon US.
If you're a Prime member, the day will be filled to the brim with thousands of amazing deals.
Each Prime Day Pocket-lint combs through the best deals and we'll list them below. We've even included some tips and tricks below for first-time bargain hunters.
When is Amazon Prime Day 2019?
Amazon Prime Day is when Amazon throws open its doors to bargain hunters with a huge online sale. In 2018, Amazon Prime Day was Monday 16 July, starting at midday and running through to midnight on 17 July - a full 36 hours of deals.
In July 2017 it was 10-11 July. Although Amazon US hasn't confirmed this, we're predicting that Prime Day 2019 is 16-17 July. This has now been backed up by a leaked email.
Prime Day 2018 deals are available in the US, UK, Spain, Mexico, Japan, India, Italy, Germany, France, China, Canada, Belgium, Austria, Australia, Singapore, Netherlands, and Luxembourg.
Example Amazon Prime Day deals - what kind of discounts were there in 2018?
- Save $100 on Echo Look - reduced to $99.99
- Save $50 on Echo Plus - reduced to $99.99
- Save $100 on Echo Show - reduced to $129.99
- Save $30 on Echo Spot - reduced to $99.99
- Save $50 on Kindle Oasis - reduced to $199.99
- Save $40 Kindle Paperwhite - reduced to $79.99
- Save 30 percent on Ring Video Doorbell 2 - reduced to $139.99
- Save $154 on Google Pixelbook - reduced to $845
- Save $898 on Microsoft Surface Book 13.5-inch 2-in-1 - reduced to $900.19
- Save $278 on Microsoft Surface Laptop - reduced to $1,021
- Save $150 on Acer Predator Helios 300 gaming laptop - reduced to $899
- Save $300 on the Huawei Mate 10 Pro smartphone - reduced to $499.99
- Save $220 on Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - reduced to $649.99
- Save $110 on Toshiba 4K Ultra HD Fire TV Edition - reduced to $289.99
- Save $300 on LG 55-inch OLED5C7P OLED TV - reduced to $1,696.99
- Save $300 on LG 65-inch OLED65C7P OLED TV - reduced to $2,296.99
What else will be part of Amazon Prime Day 2019?
We will be adding deals as we spot them throughout Amazon Prime Day, but you can always check out these popular deal pages on Amazon (US) to see if there is a deal for you already:
- Best Computer and Accessories deals
- Best DVD & Blu-ray deals
- Best Electronics deals
- Best Kindle and Fire deals
- Best PC & Video game deals
- Best Software deals
- Best Sports Technology deals
- Best Toys and Games deals
Amazon Prime Day 2019 tips and tricks
Get an Amazon Prime free trial to get the deals
Amazon Prime costs $119 a year. You can, however, sign up for a free 30-day trial to get the deals. A neat trick is that you are fully entitled to cancel your Amazon Prime subscription after once you've got your shopping deal.
If you ask an Alexa-enabled device, such as an Amazon Echo or Amazon Dot, "Alexa, what are your deals?", you get access to Prime Day deals hours earlier as well as access to exclusive bargains. As long as you cancel the trial before the end, you won't be charged the $119 yearly subscription. Amazon hopes though that once you've enjoyed some of the benefits you won't hit the cancel button.
To order something, just say, "Alexa, what are your deals" followed by "Alexa, add [the item] to my cart." Alexa will confirm this, but if you want, you can set up a 4-digit voice shopping pin with the Alexa app to prevent unintended purchases.
Deals of the day and Lighting deals
Amazon also has its usual "Gold Box Deals of the Day". However, since it's Prime Day, these sales should kick into high gear. There'll be new deals, every day, including "Lightning Deals", which are limited time and sometimes end in minutes. To stay on top of everything, use Amazon's app, where you can view many deals 24 hours in advance and sign up for alerts. Go here to see deals you're watching.
You can even let the deals come to you via Amazon's daily deals email.
Also, check out links below for Lightning deals in key areas on Amazon.com:
- Best Computer and Accessories lightning deals
- Best DVD & Blu-ray lightning deals
- Best Electronics lightning deals
- Best PC & Video game lightning deals
- Best Software lightning deals
- Best Sport Technology lightning deals
- Best Toys and Games lightning deals
Prime Early Access deals
Prime Early Access deals are a type of Lightning Deal that are earmarked for Prime members - Amazon gives Prime members 30-minute early access to certain deals.
However, all deals are available while supplies last. Prime membership doesn't guarantee you'll be able to purchase a particular deal, and it's possible that a deal could sell out before the end of the early access period, according to Amazon.
Try Amazon Assistant
Amazon Assistant is a browser plugin for Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, and Microsoft Edge.
It's free and easy to install. With it, you can watch for product comparisons that save time and money, access shortcuts to popular Amazon hubs right in your browser, and get notified when deals that you're watching go live with desktop notifications. It also lets you get information about orders and deliveries.
Clip coupons on Amazon
Amazon.com has coupons. There's actually an entire section of Amazon that's dedicated to coupons. You can find coupons for electronics, pet supplies, toys, and other items. No scissors or physical coupons required.
To get started with Amazon coupons, go to Amazon.com, then click on the link at the top for "Today's Deals." In the menu of subitems, click on "Coupons." You can also use this direct link.
You can browse the most popular coupons, and when you find an item that interests you, you can either click on the "Clip this coupon" button or click on the item to learn more about it. Clicking on the item automatically clips the coupon for you, too. When you're all done shopping, go to your cart and check out like normal. In the cart details, you will see the coupon amounts deducted from your total.
If you want to check a deal's price against what Amazon has charged in the past, try CamelCamelCamel. It's a free Amazon price tracker that monitors millions of products and alerts you when prices drop, so that you can decide if and when to buy.