Amazon Prime Day is nearly here, starting at 9pm EST this evening (Monday 10 July).
This is an annual, day-long event exclusive to paid Amazon Prime subscribers across the world. That means, if you're a Prime member, the next 30 hours will be filled to the brim with thousands of amazing deals. Keep in mind you don't have to fully sign up for a Prime membership; you get a 30-day free membership if you've not been a member before. Read more about it here.
A membership normally costs $79 a year (or $7.99 a month, if you can't stretch to the one-off payment). Once you have membership, you can snag deals from all the different categories on Amazon. The sale runs right the way through Tuesday 11 July, ending at midnight. Pocket-lint has been combing through some of the best deals so far and listed them below. Keep checking back, too.
We plan to keep this guide updated regularly. Also, remember that while some of the discounts are live now, others start at 9pm. We also included some tips and tricks below for first-time bargain hunters:
- Deals of the day UK: Kindle, Stick and Echo prices leaked
- Prime members get 20% off Amazon warehouse deals until July 10th
- Up to 40% off Kindle Unlimited for Amazon Prime members
Best Amazon Prime Day 2017 smartphone, tablet, and eBook reader deals
- Amazon Fire 7 for $29.99 (save $20)
- Amazon Fire HD 8 for $49.99 (save $30)
- Amazon Fire 8 HD Kids Edition for $89.99 (save $40)
- Amazon Kindle Paperwhite for $89.99 (save $30)
- Amazon Kindle Voyage for $149.99 (save $50)
- Huawei Mate 9 (unlocked) with Amazon Alexa and Leica Dual Camera (64GB) for $449.99 (normally $599.99)
- Moto G5 Plus Prime Exclusive (64 GB) for $179.99 (normally $299.99)
- Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S8 bundle with Gear VR and fast charging stand for $624.99 (normally $887.54)
Best Amazon Prime Day 2017 smartwatches and fitness trackers
- Fitbit Blaze for $138.95 (normally $198.95)
- Huawei Watch 2 in carbon black (Android Wear 2.0) for $209.99 (normally $299.99)
- Fossil Q Wander (Android Wear 2.0) for $153 (normally $255)
- Fossil Q Founder (Android Wear 2.0) for $165 (normally $275)
Best Amazon Prime Day 2017 TV deals
- Element 55-inch 4K Ultra HD smart LED TV - Amazon Fire TV Edition for $399.99 (save $250)
- Select TCL smart TVs, starting at $119.99 for a 28-inch (save 25 per cent off)
- 32-inch 720p TCL TV for $99.99 (save $70)
- 40-inch 1080p TCL TV for $199.99 (save $70)
- Select VIZIO 24, 32, and 48-inch TVs (save 30 per cent off)
- Sony XBR65X850E 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2017 Model) for $1,498 (normally $1,598 to $1999)
Best Amazon Prime Day 2017 speaker and headphone deals
- Amazon Echo for $79.99 (save $70)
- Amazon Echo Dot for $34.99 (save $15)
- Amazon Tap for $79.99 (normally $129.99)
- Beoplay H6 (2nd-generation) for $254.99 (normally $299.00)
- Sony XB950B1 Bluetooth Headphones for $98 (normally $118)
- Jabra MOVE Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headset for $54.99 (normally $99.99)
- Bose SoundLink Mini II for $129 (normally $199)
- Sennheiser HD 598 for $109.95 (normally $169.95)
Best Amazon Prime Day 2017 computing deals
- Samsung 28-inch 4K LED Monitor (U28E590D) for $279.99 (normally $369.99)
- Seagate hard drives are up to 30 per cent off for $57 to $160 (normally $77–$200)
- Corsair K70 mechanical keyboard for $109.99 (normally $159.99)
- Corsair Glaive mouse for $54.99 (normally $69.99)
- SanDisk Ultra 256GB MicroSDXC memory card for $104.99 (normally $150)
- Brother HL-L2300D Monochrome Laser Printer for $59.99 (normally $80)
Best Amazon Prime Day 2017 gaming deals
- DualShock 4 wireless controller for $46.95 (normally $64.95)
- Nvidia Shield set-top steaming box (2017 model) for $179.99 (normally $199.99)
Best Amazon Prime Day 2017 smarthome deals
- Philips Hue Color starter kit for $139.98 (normally $199.99)
- Philips Hue Color Bulb for $39.99 (normally $49.99)
- August Home Smart Lock for $159.99 (normally $195.39)
- Anova Sous Vide (Bluetooth) (normally $149)
How to find Lightning deals for Amazon Prime Day 2017
Lighting deals go quickly, so be sure to check throughout Amazon Prime Day. Check out links below for Lightning deals in key areas on Amazon.com:
- Best Computer and Accessories lightning deals
- Best DVD & Blu-ray lightning deals
- Best Electronics lightning deals
- Best PC & Video game lightning deals
- Best Software lightning deals
- Best Sport Technology lightning deals
- Best Toys and Games lightning deals
Other great Amazon Prime Day deals - Amazon services
Here are some rolling deals you can get on the build up to the day and through to the end of 11 July:
If you ask an Alexa-enabled device, such as an Amazon Echo or Amazon Dot, "Alexa, what are your deals?", you get access to Prime Day deals two hours early as well as access to exclusive bargains.
Amazon Music Unlimited
Prime members who haven't yet tried Music Unlimited, Amazon's music service and rival to Spotify, can do so at a discount ahead of Prime Day. You can sign up for four months for the cost of just $0.99. Read more about it here. The service normally costs $7.99 a month for Prime members (or $79 a year on top of Prime membership).
Existing members who want to upgrade from the Echo-only plan - which costs $3.99 a month to stream from a single Echo or Dot - can save up to $30 a year when they get Music Unlimited Family or an Individual plan ($30 off Family plan, $10 off Individual). Read more about it here. Those who upgrade to a Family Plan from an Individual plan can will also save $30 a year.
Whether you have a Music Unlimited subscription or just listen to the thousands of free-to-stream tracks as part of your Prime membership on Amazon Music, you are eligible for a chance to win one of 100 Amazon Echo speakers. To enter, you just need to listen to one track on either Amazon Music or Amazon Music Unlimited up to the end of play.
Each track you listen to will gain you one entry into the main prize draw per day. Only one entry is possible per day, no matter how long you listen, but you can do the same on the following day and so on until the end of the competition period. Read more about it here.
Prime members can get 40 per cent off a Kindle Unlimited subscription for the duration. The service normally costs $7.99 a month and gives access to millions of eBooks to read on a Kindle or through the Kindle app on a smartphone or tablet.
You can get $10 to shop on Amazon.com on or before Prime Day when you stream a video included in Prime for the first time on your TV.
Prime Now is Amazon's free two-hour delivery service available to customers in select areas. You order something from the dedicated smartphone application or in-browser at primenow.amazon.com and it will be with you, with free delivery, within two hours. If you’ve never tried Prime Now, Amazon is offering $10 off your first order plus a bonus of $10 off future orders using the code “10PRIMEDAY.”
You can get 40 per cent off Audible - Amazon's audiobook service - your first 6 months (just $8.95 per month for 6 months)/
Onsite vouchers give Prime members up to 35 per cent off select Prime Pantry food and items.
What other deals will be part of the Amazon Prime Day 2017?
We will be adding more deals as we spot them throughout Amazon Prime Day, but you can check out these popular deal pages on Amazon (US) to see if there is a deal for you already:
- Best Computer and Accessories deals
- Best DVD & Blu-ray deals
- Best Electronics deals
- Best Kindle and Fire deals
- Best PC & Video game deals
- Best Software deals
- Best Sports Technology deals
- Best Toys and Games deals
Amazon Prime Day 2017 tips and tricks
Get an Amazon Prime free trial to get the deals
Amazon Prime costs $79 a year. You can, however, sign up for a free 30-day trial to get the deals. A neat trick is that you are fully entitled to cancel your Amazon Prime subscription after once you've got your shopping deal.
As long as you cancel the trial before the end you won't be charged the $79 / $99 yearly subscription. Amazon hopes though that once you've enjoyed some of the benefits you won't hit the cancel button.
Don't miss a Amazon Prime Day deal
Get the dedicated Amazon shopping app on your mobile and turn on notifications. Within the notifications settings you can turn on "Watched" and "Waitlisted Deals" so you don't miss it.
Make a list to get the best deals
Rather than going in with a scattergun approach, make a list before you go onto Amazon and be targeted about the products you want. It might be July, but Amazon Prime Day is a perfect chance to do your Christmas shopping on the cheap.
Your help finding Amazon Prime Deals
If you've spotted a good Amazon Prime Day 2017 shopping deal that we've not listed, then let us know in the comments below.