(Pocket-lint) - The Black Friday sales are here, but your appetite for spending might be curtailed by the increasing cost of living. But there's a Black Friday deal that could help you keep track of energy expenditure and save money.
Smart plugs are often discounted for Black Friday, but this model from Tapo includes an energy monitor, so you not only get the benefit of being able to setup schedules or remotely controls devices, but you can see what the power consumption is too.
Smart plugs are a useful addition to any home as they will give you control over your sockets from your phone. That means you can remotely turn things on or off, or you can setup timers and scheduling, for example for festive lights.
The Tapo plugs from TP-Link are really easy to use, connecting directly to Wi-Fi without the need for a hub and working with Google Assistant or Alexa for voice control. This plug includes energy monitoring, so you can see how much power a connected device is drawing - and easily switch it off to save money.
More Black Friday 2022 UK deals
There's more Black Friday offers around today, and we've compiled them right here:
- Ring: Third off doorbells
- Fire Tablets: Save 58%
- Echo: Half price 5th gen Dot
- Laptops: Discounts w/ ASUS & HP
- Xbox: Save 24% on Xbox S
- Sony: WH-1000XM5 down by £84
- Phones: Price cuts on Google & OnePlus
- Kindle: Discounted by 26%
- Fitbit: Sense 2, Charge 5 w/ savings
- Tablets: Money off Samsung & Lenovo
- Beats: Save on Studio3, Fit Pro & Buds
- Google: Pixel 6, 6a, Pro w/ discounts
- Blink: Half price cameras
- Apple: 41% off iPhone & Watch
- Fire TV: 44% off 4K Sticks
- Garmin: Discounts on fitness trackers
- Echo: 53% off Show 5
- Google: Saving on camera & Wi-Fi