(Pocket-lint) - When it comes to building a smart home, there's one device that everyone needs - and that's a smart plug. Fortunately, Amazon's Prime Early Access Sale offers up the ideal candidates for that hole in your home, with plenty of smart plugs currently available at a reduced rate.
Pretty much the entire range of the TP-Link brand's plugs is discounted at Amazon US (under the Kasa brand), with deals also available for those in the UK (under the Tapo brand).
Smart plugs offer a wide range of advantages. They mean you can control devices from your phone, or through systems like Alexa or Google Assistant. That not only means voice control, but it also means you can add devices to routines, for example to turn your lights on or off. These plugs are ideal for remote-controlled Christmas lights, for example, or to turn on a lamp when motion is detected on a security camera.
The other advantage is the ability to easily check that something it turned off. Can't remember if you turned off your hair straighteners? That's no problem with a smart plug as you can do that from your phone. Some smart plugs will have additional features, such as scheduling.
More Prime Early Access Sale UK offers 2022
And if you're on the look out for more offers, check these ones out:
- Echo Dot (4th gen): 60% off, down to £19.99
- Laptops: Up to £710 off Microsoft, ASUS, Lenovo
- Echo Show 5 (2nd gen): £40 saving, now £34.99
- Phones: £300 saving on OnePlus, Xiaomi
- Ring: Save up to 33% on Video Doorbell
- Apple: Get £148 off iPhone, Watch, Macs
- Kindle: Up to a 25% saving
- TV: £300 off Samsung, Philip
- Fire tablets: Save up to 56%
- Fitbit: Discounted by 60%
- Fire TV stick 4K: Get 40% saving at £29.99
- Garmin: Reduced by up to £280
- eero: Up to £252 off
- Echo Dot (3rd gen): 58% off, now £16.99
- Fire TV stick: £24.99 with 38% saving
- Blink: Up to 45% off