We're taking this one with a pinch of salt, because the source is a messageboard, but some realistic-looking specs have surfaced for the Sony Ericsson Xperia X2, which we know is due towards the end of this year:
- 8.1mpx auto focus, VGA @ 30fps (MP4 HQ)
- 3.5 inch WVGA OLED (increased from 3.0 from X1)
- GPS, aGPS
- 3.5 mm headphone jack
- "Faster processor"
- 512 RAM
- Custom Windows Mobile 6.5
- XPERIA Panels are modified with plenty of innovative features (PS3 functionality)
- Upgrading to Windows Mobile 7 is supported by Xperia panels
Of particular note are the 3.5mm headphone jack, custom version of Windows Mobile, and the 8.1-megapixel camera. If these specs are accurate, then Sony's absence from this summer's smartphone extravaganza will be worth the wait.