Samsung has announced a new upgrade programme for Galaxy phones. Called Samsung Access, it's basically a monthly subscription plan.
Samsung Access is different from Samsung's older upgrade scheme, mostly because it provides additional benefits. It’s actually similar to Apple’s iPhone Upgrade Programme, which lets you get the latest iPhone with other benefits for a monthly fee. Here's everything you need to know.
How does Samsung Access work?
- From the moment you subscribe, you can upgrade anytime.
- Just get your new phone and return your previous one in good condition.
- You can cancel Samsung Access whenever - just return your previous phone.
Samsung Access is an upgrade programme. It's for people buying a new Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20 Plus, or Galaxy S20 Ultra, the company explained in a blog post. Whereas Samsung's legacy upgrade scheme allows you to trade in an existing device and put the remaining balance toward another phone, Samsung Access will let you upgrade to the next Galaxy phone in just nine months.
As a Samsung Access subscriber, you not only get to upgrade to the newest Galaxy phone, but you also get a Premium Care membership, which covers accidental damage and offers 24/7 remote setup assistance, technical support, aand next-day delivery for phone replacement. You also get a Microsoft 365 subscription, which includes Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Skype, and 1TB of OneDrive.
Finally, you can manage your Samsung Access subscription (i.e., upgrade, return, cancel, etc.,) at any time from Samsung's website.
What's included with Samsung Access?
You get the following benefits when you subscribe to Samsung Access:
- Your choice of a Galaxy S20, S20 Plus, or S20 Ultra (any color/memory)
- A Samsung Premium Care membership.
- 1TB of OneDrive Cloud storage.
- Microsoft 365 Personal (up to five devices including PCs/Macs)
- Publisher (PC only)
- Access (PC only)
- The flexibility to pay over monthly payments.
- The ability to upgrade every nine months (or upgrade earlier for $100).
- The ability to cancel after three months (or cancel earlier for $100).
How to subscribe to Samsung Access
It's simple: Go to the Samsung Access webpage here. Find and click the Subscribe button. And follow the on-screen instructions.
How much does Samsung Access cost?
At launch, a three-month subscription to Samsung Access costs $37 per month for the Samsung Galaxy S20, $42 per month for the Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus, and $48 per month for the Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra.
You can cancel your subscription after three months (or earlier for a $100 fee), but you’ll have to return your Galaxy phone.
Where is Samsung Access available?
At launch, Samsung Access is limited to the US.