O2 has announced the launch of the O2 Xda Orbit 2, the follow up to the original Orbit smartie launched back in 2006.
Described as a "sleek, stylish portable device", the Windows Mobile 6 smartphone offers a full range of features including integrated satnav provided via CoPilot Live 7 software, although a business model will be sold without.
With both 3G and Wi-Fi network capabilities, the Xda Orbit 2 supports key business email solutions such as Microsoft Direct Push Email, providing customers with real time access to inbox, calendar, contacts and tasks on the move.
In addition, the Xda Orbit 2 also includes Microsoft Office tools enabling users to open, edit and send Microsoft Office Excel Mobile, Word Mobile and view PowerPoint Mobile documents.
The O2 Xda Orbit 2 also offers a 3-megapixel camera including video capability, an FM radio and MP3 player, all backed up by an expandable memory of up to 32GB.
The O2 Xda Orbit 2 will be on sale at a range of prices subject to tariff, and is available now in O2 retail stores and online at O2's website.
- Weight: 130g (including battery)
- Measurement: 110 (L) x 58 (W) x 15.5mm (T)
- GPS in-built (Global Positioning System)
- GSM: quadband (850/900/1800/1900)
- UMTS 2100/850/1900MHz
- FM Radio: 76-108MHz
- Standby time: upto 400hrs for GSM, upto 450hrs for UMTS
- Talk time: upto 7hrs on GSM and upto 4hrs on UMTS
- Media playback: up to 8hrs for WMA and 12hrs WMA
- Operating system: Windows Mobile 6 Professional
- Screen: 2.8 inch 240 x 320 QVGA touchscreen
- Internal antenna
- Memory: Micro-SD, RAM 128MB, RAM 256MB
- High Capacity Micro SD support (up to 32GB HC)
- Built in Bluetooth 2.0
- Camera: 3MP, auto-focus
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g
- Navigation software: Copilot Live 7