Looks like the iPhone isn't the only new mobile to be launched today - Nokia has launched the E51. The candybar Nokia E51, a business smartphone, is the latest addition in the Nokia E-series portfolio.
Described as "slim and elegant" Nokia says the E51 "adds greater simplicity, faster access and tighter integration to key applications, while maintaining the smartphone capabilities and stylish design that customers have come to expect in a Nokia Eseries device".
On the business side the Nokia E51 can integrate with corporate telephony systems and offers "Gizmo", a VoIP application. On the fun side, there's an FM radio and media player, a 2-megapixel camera, Nokia browser and lots of widgets available via the Download! application.
The Nokia E51 will be globally available during the fourth quarter of 2007, pricing and availablity to be confirmed. More specs for corporate users, the stainless steel bodied device will offer:
- A home screen including user-selected icons to the most used applications
- One Touch keys with one-click access to key functionalities including email, contacts, calendar and the home screen
- Set-up wizards offering step-by-step guidance for setting up email accounts, configuring Internet calling and accessing wireless local area networks
- Integration with a wide range of business email solutions, including Nokia Intellisync Wireless Email and Mail for Exchange to communicate with Microsoft Exchange Server, and consumer email
- Streamlined email reading experience with easy access to attachments
- Dedicated Email key on the front cover, indicator light for new email, and a preview window to the latest email on the home screen to help keep up with email when on the move