O2 has announced the launch of the Palm Treo 500 smartphone that was previously only available as the 500v on Vodafone.
Aimed at business users, the Treo 500 smartphone is available from O2's top 100 stores as well as through its direct sales teams and online shop.
Running on the Windows Mobile 6 Standard platform, the device offers business users viewing and editing capabilities for Microsoft Word and Excel documents, a full keyboard, a full-colour screen and a "comprehensive" multimessaging functionality covering email, IM, SMS, phone, and contact and calendar capabilities.
The device, which comes in charcoal grey, is available free from O2 on select Pay Monthly tariffs, dependent on the tariff taken.
"Business users today are looking for compact devices that offer not only business functionality, such as email and access to documents, but also multimessaging capabilities and high-speed Internet access", said Roy Bedlow, vice president, Palm EMEA.
"The Treo 500 smartphone provides everything you need to manage your work and personal lives whilst on the go."
Palm Treo 500 Smartphone features:
- All-in-one phone and messaging device
- Access to Gmail, Hotmail/MSN and Yahoo! email
- Full keyboard for fast and easy typing
- Large, high-resolution screen
- Microsoft Internet Explorer Mobile web browser
- Windows Live online services, including MSN Messenger
- Up to 3G speeds
- Organiser with address book, calendar, to-do lists, and notes
- 2.0-megapixel camera for capturing photos and video
- Windows Media Player Mobile for music and videos
- Windows Mobile 6 Standard operating system
- Microsoft Office Mobile for viewing and editing Microsoft Word and Excel documents and viewing PowerPoint and Adobe PDF files
- 150MB of user-available memory, expandable with microSD expansion card
- Microsoft Direct Push technology for delivery of Outlook email
- Bluetooth wireless technology