Palm has announced the availability of the Palm Treo 500 smartphone for sale on a handset-only basis for the first time in the UK.
The Treo 500 smartphone runs on the Windows Mobile 6 Standard platform and has a full keyboard, large screen and a comprehensive multi-messaging functionality covering email, IM, SMS, phone and personal information management software in a new design.
With the Treo 500 smartphone, customers can manage documents using mobile versions of familiar Microsoft applications, such as Outlook, Office, and Windows Live for Windows Mobile.
In addition, users can share the Treo 500 smartphone's data access with a laptop, so they can stay connected anywhere within wireless coverage.
Available in charcoal grey, the 500 is available in the UK via the Palm website and will be available from retail outlets from 28th January.
The Treo 500's F.A.B.s, in Palm's words:
* All-in-one phone and messaging device
* Access to Gmail, Hotmail/MSN and Yahoo! email
* Full keyboard for fast and easy typing
* Large, high-resolution screen
* Microsoft Internet Explorer Mobile web browser
* Windows Live online services, including MSN Messenger
* Up to 3G speeds
* Organiser with address book, calendar, to-do lists, and notes
* 2-megapixel camera for capturing photos and video
* Windows Media Player Mobile for music and videos
* Windows Mobile 6 Standard operating system
* Microsoft Office Mobile for viewing and editing Microsoft Word and Excel documents and viewing PowerPoint and Adobe PDF files
* 150MB of user-available memory expandable with microSD expansion card
* Microsoft Direct Push technology for delivery of Outlook email
* Bluetooth wireless technology