(Pocket-lint) - Earlier today, Apple sent a memo to its employees warning them not to leak, but it should probably worry more about the US FCC.
A filing from Apple at the Federal Communications Commission has revealed a yet-to-be-released gold iPhone X. Because the confidentiality period on the photos has expired, we get to see the unannounced iPhone X in all its garish glory. It features a glass backplate with the same gold shade found on the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus released in September. You'll notice that the stainless steel sides are also cloaked in gold.
- Apple iPhone 8 review: The compact iPhone should not be overlooked
- Apple iPhone 8 Plus review: Strong and steady
MacRumors first noticed the public images - on the very same day that Bloomberg revealed Apple's internal memo. But, in this instance, Apple and the FCC have done the "leaking". Now, it's been rumoured before that Apple was working on a gold version of the iPhone X, but it never emerged. Currently, Apple sells the phone in two colours: space gray and white/silver. The iPhone 8 and 8 Plus come in more colours.
- Best Apple iPhone X deals
- Find out the best contract deals available for the new iPhone
- See iPhone on Carphone Warehouse
- Best smartphones 2017: The best phones available to buy today