There's no doubt that the smartphone is king. It's probably the device that you use the most, covet the most and pay the most for, on a regular basis. With Black Friday 2018 soon upon us in the UK, there's the chance to save yourself some cash and grab a smartphone bargain.
There will be deals from networks, there will be SIM only offers and there will be handsets from Samsung, Apple, Huawei and more.
If you're looking for Black Friday US deals, we have you covered right here.
Best phone deals on Black Friday quick links
Below are quick links straight to the Black Friday deals pages for the top retailers, just in case you're looking for something that we haven't covered.
- Amazon Black Friday
- Currys PC World Black Friday
- AO.com Black Friday
- Argos Black Friday
- John Lewis Black Friday
- Very.co.uk Black Friday
Amazon phone deals
Amazon might not be the first place you think of looking for a phone, but they did offer a wide range of devices and are likely to again with some big savings to be had on some of the best smartphones around.
Sign up to a free 30-day trial to Amazon Prime to take advantage of more Black Friday deals. You can cancel anytime as there is no obligation to continue.
• Honor 9 SIM-free smartphone for £299 (save £80) - see this deal here
• BlackBerry KeyOne for £399 (save £99) - see this deal here
• Sony Xperia XA Ultra for £239.99 (save £89) - see this deal here
• Samsung Galaxy Note 8 64GB Black for £784.40 (save £84.60) - click here for this deal
Argos phone deals
Argos might not be the first retailer you think of when it comes to selling phones, but it did have a few deals on offer.
• Honor 8 32GB for £319 (save £50) - see this deal here
• Nokia 5 16GB for £129 (save £50) - see this deal here
• Huawei P10 Plus 128GB for £499 (save £100) - see this deal here
• Sony Xperia XA1 Ultra for £249 (save £50) - see this deal here
- See all the Argos Black Friday deals here
Carphone Warehouse phone deals
Carphone Warehouse started its Black Friday deals a week early, the same as Amazon. The phone retailer had deals on a range of phones, from mid-range to flagship.
• Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge for £369 SIM-free (save £230) - see this deal here
• Samsung Galaxy S8 from £29.99 a month (save £200) - see this deal here
• Apple iPhone 7 from £35 a month, £0 upfront (save £200) - see this deal here
• Samsung Galaxy S7 edge from £24.99 a month (save £200) - see this deal here
• LG G6 for £379 (save £220) - see this deal here
• Huawei P10 for £329.99 (save £240) - see this deal here
• Huawei P10 Plus for £429.99 (save £210) - see this deal here
Currys/PC World phone deals
Electrical retailer Currys/PC World had a number of deals on mobile phones too, on many of this year's flagships.
• BlackBerry Priv for £199 (save £200) - see this deal here
• BlackBerry KeyOne Silver Edition for £449.99 (save £50) - see this deal here
• Sony Xperia XZ Premium for £549.99 (save £100) - see this deal here
EE had a number of Black Friday deals, in many cases wiping out the upfront cost on some of its phones.
• Apple iPhone 6S for £30.49 a month (save £200) - see this deal here
• Huawei P10 for £25.49 a month (save £200) - see this deal here
Mobiles.co.uk phone deals
Mobiles.co.uk ran a Black Friday, called Deny Envy and you can get £10 off any upfront cost by using the code DEALENVY10.
• Google Pixel 2 on Vodafone, 6GB data, £27 per month, £50 upfront using code DEALENVY10 - click here to see this deal
• Apple iPhone 8 64GB on O2, 12GB data, £29 per month, £175 upfront with code DEALENVY10 - click here to see this deal
• iPhone 7 32GB with 6GB data, £27 per month, £25 upfront with code BLACKFRI50 - click here to see this deal
• Nokia 8 64GB, SIM free for £359.00 (save £140) - click here to see this deal
Sky Mobile had good deals for Black Friday:
• Apple iPhone SE for £10 a month when you re-contract with Sky TV - you have to phone Sky on 0800 759 1559 and say "iPhone offer" to get it.
• Apple iPhone X with 1GB data from £42 a month with no upfront costs - see this deal
• Sony Xperia XZ Premium 64GB from £25 per month with no upfront cost - click here for this deal
• Sony Xperia XZ1 from £22 a month with no upfront cost - click here for this deal
Three phone deals
Three had good deals and these were the pick of the bunch.
• Apple iPhone 8 for £49 upfront and £45 per month for 30GB of data
• Apple iPhone 7 for £49 upfront and £48 per month for 100GB of data (a saving of £78)
• Samsung Galaxy S7 edge for £49 upfront and £36 per month for 12GB of data (a saving of £145)
• Huawei P10 Plus for £49 upfront and £35 per month for 12GB of data (a saving of £79)
Motorola smartphone deals
Sometimes it pays to shop directly with the manufacturer. Motorola had some great offers available online:
• Moto Z2 Force for £669 (save £50) - click here for this deal
• Moto C for £69.98 (save £20) - click here for this deal
Samsung smartphone deals
Not to be left behind, Samsung smartphones were to be had for a bargain - including:
• Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge 32gb for £399 (save £200) - see this deal here