EE and Internet Matters have partnered to help parents who plan to give their children mobile devices this Christmas.
The aim is to inform parents of the dangers of mobile internet browsing and how to ensure their kids do so safely.
The partnership results in 200 EE stores giving out free wrapping paper with tips and tricks on online safety on one side and cool Christmas design on the other.
Some of the tips on offer include rules for children to follow to ensure their mobile phones are used safely:
- Always keep your phone safe and secured with a PIN.
- Don’t answer calls from numbers you don’t recognise.
- Don’t give your number to strangers.
- Never share personal information online.
- Never send pictures to people you don’t know.
EE's parent company BT is a founding partner of Internet Matters, along with many internet service providers, including Sky and Virgin Media.
Pocket-lint has also worked with Internet Matters for the last couple of years to help guide parents through the sometimes scary tech landscape. We're proud to be associated with such a great source of information on internet safety.