Toshiba has today started the battle of the high definition DVD war with the launch of its first notebook equipped with the new HD-DVD media standard in the UK.
The company has launched the Qosmio G30 PC notebook, that promises consumers a fully integrated TV tuner, Digital Video Recorder (DVR), audio, and all the computing capabilities of a superior notebook PC when it becomes available in April for £2,300.
The Qosmio G30 incorporates the world's first 1-bit digital amplifier in a notebook PC and new bass-reflex speaker technology from Harman Kardon. SRS Audio Enhancement System with SRS WOW HD and SRS TruSurround XT technology are also included while the Dolby Home Theater delivers a richer, more engaging surround sound experience from stereo or multichannel audio sources through headphone, 2- or 5.1-channel speaker systems.
Completing the picture the model offers an improved Toshiba TruBrite display and of course support for resolutions up to 1080p signal format.
The Qosmio G30 also features NVIDIA GeForce 7600 with 256MB VRAM graphics processing capabilities, providing high performance graphicswhen gaming or enjoying a favourite film.
With its similar disc structure, HD-DVD is backwards compatible with the current DVD formats. The drive can read or write current DVD formats, allowing users to continue playing compatible discs in their existing DVD collections, offering the optimum personal entertainment and mobile computing experience.
Full Specs are:
- Intel Core processor T2500 (2GHz, 667MHz FSB, 2MB 2nd level cache)
- Intel PRO Wireless Network Connection 802.11 a/b/g
- Intel 945PM Express Chipset family
- Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 with update rollup 2
- Microsoft Windows Media Center Edition and QosmioPlayer Remote control and IR receiver
- 1GB DDR2 memory (expandable to 4GB2)
- Dual hard disk drive support 2x120GB with Toshiba software RAID capabilities
- QosmioPlayer and QosmioEngine
- Toshiba TruBrite 17.0 inch WUXGAdisplay, (1920 x 1200 resolution) supporting 1080p signal format
- NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600 PCI Express graphics processing unit with 256MB VRAM
- 30mm Harman Kardon stereo speakers with Bass reflection technology, 1bit digital amplifier
- Dolby Home Theater with Dolby Virtual speaker and Dolby headphone support incl. Dolby Pro Logic II decoding
- HD-DVD-ROM and DVD Super Multi-Drive (Double Layer)
- Integrated i.Link (IEEE 1394) port, consumer infrared port
- Integrated hybrid digital and analog (DVB-T) TV-Tuner with MPEG2 hardware encoder
- Integrated V.92 modem and 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet port
- 4 x USB2.0 ports, 1 x PCMCIA Card Type II, 1 x ExpressCard, 6-in-1 Bridge Media Adapter (SD/MMC/XD/ MemoryStick/MemoryStick Pro/ mini SD card)
- SPDIF, S Video-in/out, monitor in, RGB port, HDMI out
- Integrated Bluetooth™ v2.0 + EDR
- Microsoft Office OneNote 2003, Toshiba Picture Enhancement utility, Adobe Acrobat Reader, InterVideo WinDVD, InterVideo WinDVD Creator 2 Platinum, Sonic RecordNow!, ConfigFree connectivity software, Norton Internet Security 2004 (90-day trial version) Microsoft Works 8.5