Toshiba has announced a new 3D ready laptop, as it confirms it's the latest manufacturer to allow users, most likely gamers, to enter the third-dimension.
The new model, the Toshiba Satellite A665, will be powered by a combination of Nvidia 3D Vision technology and the latest Intel Core Series processors to bring you images "that leap off the screen".
What that means is that you'll be getting a pair of 3D Vision active shutter glasses, a 3D HD 15.6-inch TruBrite LED backlit screen scanning at a refresh rate of 120Hz, and a small pyramid-looking box to lug around in your bag should you decide to go 3D.
When you're not going 3D, the Toshiba laptop still brings plenty to the table. You'll get Harman Kardon stereo speakers, Dolby Advanced Audio, Toshiba’s USB Sleep-and-Music technology - that lets users play music from connected MP3 players through the laptop’s speakers, even when in Sleep or Stand By mode - and Resolution+ picture processing technology to make everything, oh so crisp.
-Intel Core i7 (Quad Core) processor
- Up to 4 GB DDR3 (1066 MHz) RAM
- Up to 500 GB HDD with 3D impact sensor
- 39.6cm (15.6'') TruBrite HD display (120 Hz) with LED backlighting
- 1,366 x 768 pixels(16:9)
- Nvidia GeForce GTS 350M graphics
- Blu-ray Disc rewritable drive, ready for playback of Blu-ray 3D Disc
- Bluetooth 2.1 +EDR, WLAN (802.11 b/g/n), Gigabit Ethernet LAN
- 3 x USB 2.0, 1x eSATA / USB combo port with Sleep-and-Charge and Multi-Card Reader, HDMI
- 1.3 MP webcam
- Harman Kardon stereo speakers, Line-In with Sleep-and-Music function, Dolby Advanced Audio
- Pre-installed 3D content
- Toshiba Resolution+, Toshiba Media Controller, Toshiba LifeSpace
- Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit)
- Energy Star 5.0 qualified
The Satellite A665 will be available from July 2010.