Panasonic is about to launch a new version of its Toughbook range of laptops called the Toughbook-74.
The new laptop features a built with a magnesium alloy case, integrated handle, spill-resistant keyboard, daylight-readable screen and battery life of approximately 7 hours making it one tough cookie.
New security features, include an optional finger print scanner and a Trusted Platform Module (TPM v.1.2) security chip to help protect sensitive information while the system itself offers the new Intel Core Duo Processor T2400, an 80GB shock-mounted HDD and a standard 512MB SDRAM, which is expandable to 4,096MB.
With integrated local area wireless and optional embedded next-generation wide area wireless and/or Bluetooth connectivity, the Toughbook-74 has also been certified on the EV-DO networks of both Sprint and Verizon in America.
The Toughbook-74 is built on the success of its predecessor, the Toughbook-73, which has been deployed by hundreds of enterprises, government agencies, and mobile workers in all industries.
The Panasonic Toughbook CF-74 will be generally available in April in the US starting at an estimated street price of $2,999.00, we are awaiting confirmation as to when it will be available if at all, in the UK.
Panasonic Toughbook CF-74: Select Features and Specifications:
- Intel Core Duo Processor T2400 (2MB L2 cache), Processor speed 1.83GHz (Dual Core), 667MHz FSB
- 80GB HDD, shock mounted and removable
- 512MB SDRAM (DDR2) standard, expandable to 4,096MB (total system memory may be less, depending on actual system configuration)
- Combo Drive (DVD-ROM/CD-R/RW) standard
- Full Magnesium Alloy case with integrated handle
- 13.3inch 1024 x 768 (XGA) transmissive, 460 Nit daylight-readable TFT Active Matrix Color LCD with Touchscreen
- Dimensions: 1.7inch-2.4inch(H) x 12inch(W) x 11.6inch(D) (with handle)
- Weight: 5.95 lbs.
- Battery Life: 7-8 hours (MobileMark tested to approximately 8 hours)
- Intel PRO/Wireless 3945 Network Connection with respective drivers
- Optional Wide Area Wireless (as of 3/06, certified on Sprint and Verizon EV-DO networks)
- Security features include: cable lock slot, Trusted Platform Module (TPM) v.1.2 security chip, optional finger print scanner, optional SmartCard reader