Canon has introduced a new portable PIXMA into its photo printer range, the iP100.
Aimed at both business-people on the road and home users, the compact iP100 has Canon's enhanced FINE print head and new five colour ink system to claim to offer exceptional portable print quality, with sharp text and photo lab quality prints.
Weighing 2kg, there is an option to buy the printer bundled with a rechargeable battery kit in the box. The battery prints approx 290 pages on one charge, while an in-car charger is also available.
With USB hook up for PC and laptop printing there is also an optional extra Bluetooth unit from Canon that means the PIXMA iP100 can be set up for cable-free printing too.
The PIXMA iP100 is available from mid-May 2008 priced at £199.00 or with a battery pack for £249.00.
The PIXMA iP100's features (in Canon's words):
* Compact, portable and stylish document and photo printer
* Maximum 9600 x 2400dpi FINE print head with minimum 1pl ink droplets
* 5 ink system with Photo Black ink for enhanced photo quality and larger pigment black for superior text.
* Borderless 10 x 15cm photo prints in approx. 50sec
* Printing freedom with IrDA IR and optional Bluetooth
* ChromaLife100 for long-lasting, beautiful photos