(Pocket-lint) - Updated May 2020
- How do we collect information from you?
- What type of information is collected from you?
- Use of your personal information
- Disclosure of your personal information
- What is the GDPR?
- What are the data subject rights?
- How do you work with third party online advertising?
- Your choices regarding information
- A note about children
- Your rights
- How can I contact Pocket-lint if I have questions regarding Pocket-lint's privacy statement?
We collect information about you when you use our website or if you register to receive one of our weekly newsletters.
General Data: The use of our services will be collected. For example, when you use our services, your geographic location, how do you use the services, information about your type of device, your Open Device Identification Number, date / time stamps for your visit, your unique device identifier, your browser type , operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, and domain name are all collected. This information is used in the context of the website. In addition, in the event of your device, we will receive information about your mobile device model software version and device carrier, which allows us to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve the performance of our App.
Log Files: As is true of most websites, we gather information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes IP addresses, Internet service provider ("ISP"), referring / exit pages, operating system, date / time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to maintain and improve the performance of the Services.
Cookies: "Cookies" are small pieces of information (text files) that a website sends to your computer’s hard drive while you are viewing the website. These text files that can be used by websites to make a user's experience more efficient.
The law states that we can store these cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of this site. For all other types of cookies we need your permission.
To that end, this site uses different types of cookies. Some cookies are placed by third party services that appear on our pages. We and some third parties may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Services and to market the Services or other products.
Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third party advertisers. This tracking is done on an anonymous basis and, while not an exhaustive list, some of the companies we work with are Google, AppNexus, Criteo, Rubicon, Pubmatic and DistrictM
To learn more about this practice, including the Self Regulatory Principles for Online Advertising, to which we adhere, you can visit
Location Information: If you have access to your mobile device, we collect your rental information. If you do not want this information you can not use your mobile device.
Newsletter: Information you to get directly to Pocket-ltd through our weekly newsletter.
In general, personal information you submit to us is used to help us in our service. We use your personal information in the following ways:
- Operate, maintain, and improve our site (s), products, and services;
- Respond to comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by our partners;
- Link or combines information with other personal information we get from third parties, to help you understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- Develop, improve, and deliver marketing and advertising for the Services;
- Provide and deliver products and services
- Identify you as a user in our system;
- Facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network; and
We may store and process your personal information in the United States and other countries.
We may also create anonymous data records of your personal information by completely excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this information to analyze the application and use of the Web site. We reserve the right to use anonymous data for any purpose and disclose anonymous data to third parties in our sole discretion.
We may receive testimonials and comments from users who have had positive experiences with our Services. We may publish such content. When we publish this content, we can identify our users by their first and last name as well as the title, school or company, and major. We obtain the user's consent to this information along with the testimonial. We can post user feedback on the site from time to time. We can share your feedback with your first and last name as well as the title, school or company, and major. If we want to get your feedback on your feedback, we will get your consent to your feedback.
Third Parties Designated by You: When you use the Services, the information you provide will be shared with the third party.
Third Party Service Providers: We provide you with services to provide services to you; conduct quality assurance testing; facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; market the Services; and / or to provide other services to us.
Information You Share: Our Site and Services allow you to share content and information. Please be aware of your own privacy and make public. We can not control the privacy or security of information. If you share information about others, we suggest you contact us for more information.
Information We Share: We may disclose aggregated information about our users. In addition, we may disclose the following information:
- To fulfill the purpose of providing you with information, or with your consent;
- To third parties designated by you;
- With our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- Third parties to process payments made through the Services;
- With contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business;
- With a Social Networking Site (SNS) if you choose to post an SNS through the Service;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, reorganization, reorganization, dissolution or other sale of assets, or of a bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, which personal information held by us and
The GDPR is a regulation intended to strengthen and unify data protection for everyone within the European Union (EU). The GDPR requires greater openness and transparency of companies on the other hand, while also imposing tighter limits on the use of personal data. You can learn more here .
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provides certain rights for EU data subjects. You may decline to share some personal information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide some of the features and functionality of Pocket-lint. These rights include, but not limited to, the right to object to the restriction of the processing of your Personal Data, and to your access to, rectification, erasure, and portability of your own Personal Data. Requests should be submitted by contacting us (using the contact instructions above).
If you have any unresolved privacy concerns, please contact the EU Data Protection Authority and lodge a complaint.
Our Site or App may contain links to third party websites. When you click on a link to any other website or location, you will leave our Site, App or Services and go to another site. We have no control over, do not review, and are not responsible for, these websites or their content.
The European Digital Advertising Alliance (EDAA) has developed a guide to online advertising and has developed an approach to managing online advertising with EDAA member companies available at www.YourOnlineChoices.com . To find out more about how to manage cookies and other similar technologies, see our Cookies page
Choices: We offer you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your personal information. We may periodically send you newsletters and emails that directly promote the use of our Services. When you receive newsletters or promotional communications from us, you may be interested in contacting us directly by contacting us directly. (please see contact information below). Despite your stated email preferences, we are in the business of providing you with information about your privacy.
Cookies: If you decide to accept any of the following information, then you may be instructed by your browser. cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser's technical information. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use any portion of the Services or any functionality of the Services. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify cookies, please contact us.
Our Services are not directed to children under the age of 13 and are not eligible for services. If a child under 13 submits personal information to us and we learn that the personal information is a personal information of a child under 13, we will take steps to remove the information from our databases. If you believe that we might have any personal information from a child under 13, please contact us via our feedback form.
As a user of our website:
- The right to ask what we are talking about. Extra requests (particularly repetitive) for data may be available to the user.
- The right to ask and correct any out-of-date or incorrect data.
- As set out above, the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
Further information regarding your rights can be found at https://ico.org.uk.
If you have any questions about your personal information, please contact us via our feedback form or our postal address.