Current Jobs available
(Pocket-lint) - December 2020
Pocket-lint Social Media Manager
Passionate about tech? Want to share that passion with the wider world?
We are looking for an energetic, passionate and creative Social Media Manager to join our team. As a Social Media Manager, you will be responsible for implementing our Social Media strategy in order to increase our social media presence and share of voice as well as drive traffic to our website. We also want to get our followers talking about the tech we know they love so much!
You will be working closely with the Editorial department on a daily basis as well as our Social Media Strategist to review and develop our strategy moving forward.
What we need from you! (Our Social Media Manager duties and responsibilities):
- Develop, implement and manage our social media content, in line with our strategy, across our platforms (currently Facebook, Instagram and Twitter)
- Manage and update the monthly social media calendar, ensuring content requests are briefed in good time
- Ongoing community management across all three platforms
- Define our social media KPIs and review these monthly
- Manage and oversee social media content; this will be twofold:
- 1. Curating relevant content from Pocket-lint articles and editorials
- 2. Briefing and/or creating specific content around the Pocket-lint story or campaign specifics
- Creation, implementation and management of a paid-advertising strategy, ensuring advertising objectives are agreed in advance and reviewed after the paid campaign
- Set up and manage a reporting template, with reports shared with the Pocket-lint Management team
- Measure the success of every social media campaign implemented
- Stay up to date with the latest social media best practices and technologies and what this means for content moving forward
- Manage and use social media marketing tools such as Buffer
- When applicable, work with copywriters and designers to ensure content is engaging and appealing whilst meeting social media best practice
- Collaborate with Editorial, Marketing and Sales teams
- Review SEO findings, website analytics and user engagement and suggest content optimisation
- Communicate with industry professionals and influencers via social media to create a strong network; use this network to agree collaborative social media campaigns as well as feeding into overall Pocket-lint Marketing & PR planning
- Opportunity for the role to grow beyond just social media to include general outreach for sharing stories with other sites (i.e. PR-ing Pocket-lint storytelling).
What we are looking for! (Our Social Media Manager requirements and qualifications):
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a Social Media Manager in a similar role at a media outlet
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Instagram and Twitter as well as platform-agnostic social media best practices
- Understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics relevant to social media
- Good understanding of social media KPIs
- A self-starter who is able to hit the ground running; ownership of this role is key as this is the first Social Media Manager role in the company
- Excellent multitasking skills
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Ideally, a degree or higher education in Marketing or a relevant field is welcomed
- As we are a media outlet, interest in the news and current affairs is also a must
Full-time position, working from home
Basic salary £25-28k dependent on experience, plus workplace pension, and benefits.
If you're interested, please get in touch.