GN has announced the launch of the Jabra BT8040.
Weighing just 10 grams and measuring less than 4cm in length, the Jabra BT8040 claims to "pack a punch" when it comes to audio.
Digital sound processing technology and intelligent volume controls combine to reduce background noise, for what is said to be crisp, sharp sound.
With e-SCO technology, voice transfer between headset and phone is "crystal clear" while acoustic shock protection automatically adapts and regulates the volume, safe-guarding the ear from sudden increases in noise.
With MultiPoint software the Jabra BT8040 can connect to two devices at the same time, so users can answer calls from both a work and phone mobile without the need to manually switch connection.
In addition it is also A2DP enabled, meaning it can stream music wirelessly from media MP3 players, the internet, a mobile phone or PC and any audio being played (such as music) will automatically be paused when a call comes in.
The Jabra BT8040 has no ear-hook. Instead it features "Generation III" ear gel, available in a choice of three sizes.
The Jabra BT8040 is available exclusively in Carphone Warehouse throughout November and December and across the UK from January, priced at £49.99.
* Digital sound enhancement via DSP technology
* Active noise reduction on transmitted and received audio
* Intelligent volume settings to equalize incoming audio volume
* Acoustic shock protection safeguards the ear from loud, sudden noises
* e-SCO improves voice transfer from headset to phone
* MultiPoint to connect the BT8040 to two devices simultaneously
* Auto pairing
* Multi-coloured light for status and battery indicator
* Quiet mode - turns light off after 1 minute
* Jabra ear gel - 2x small, 2x medium & 2x large
* Up to 6 hours talk time
* 200 hours standby time
* Size: L 39 x W 18 x D 12mm
* Less than 10 grams
* Qualified for Bluetooth Specification version 2.0 + EDR supporting Headset and Hands-free Profiles for phone conversations and A2DP for streaming music
* 128 bit encryption