With the Sony PSP launch in Japan immanent (12 December), Sony Japan has confirmed the launch titles for the first month. Gamers will have six titles to choose from on day one and a further 14 to choose from by the end of the year.
Titles include some big names from EA, Konami and Sega showing that the console is already drawing in the big publishers even from day one. Konami's Metal Gear Acid, will be launched on the 16 December, four days after the launch date.
Games look to be costing 4,800 Yen (£25) and the good for gadget lovers is that the PSP is going to be region free so if you can get your hands on one in Japan, then you will be able to buy games from around the world. The music and movie coding will be regionised, however for UK customers if the system works on the same format as DVD then Japan is likely to be the same code.
The list of games that will be available are:
- Armored Core Formula Front (From Software)
- Everybody's Golf Portable (SCE)
- Mahjong Taikai (KOEI)
- Mahjong Fight Club (Konami)
- Ridge Racers (Namco)
- Vampire Chronicle: The Chaos Tower (Capcom)
- Dynasty Warriors (KOEI)
- Dokoemo Issho (SCE)
- Kollon (Cyberfront)
- Kotoba no Puzzle Mojipittan Daijiten (Namco)
- Metal Gear Acid (Konami)
- AI Series Igo (Marvelous Interactive)
- AI Series Mahjong (Marvelous Interactive)
- AI Series Shougi (Marvelous Interactive)
- Puzzle Bobble Pocket (Taito)
- Puyo Puyo Fever (SEGA)
- Piposaru Academia: Dossari Saru-gee Daizenshuu! (SCE)
- Need for Speed Underground Rivals (Electronic Arts)
- Rengoku: The Tower of Purgatory (Hudson)