(Pocket-lint) - One of Animal Crossing: New Horizons' neatest features is something called NookPhone. It's actually a smartphone-like gadget that Tom Nook gives you soon after you move into your island home. The NookPhone has apps, including a camera that lets you take screenshots of your gameplay.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons was one of the top games of 2020, and it's still going strong a year after its release. In it, you play the role of a human who moves to an animal-filled island to begin the process of creating a life for yourself. You get to build a home and choose how to furnish it. But one of the best parts of Animal Crossing is the ability to share the experience with friends, whether it's showing off the ugliest looking neighbors on your island or bragging about your impeccable interior design skills.
That's when the NookPhone comes in handy - because you can use it to take screenshots of your home to share with others.
How to use the NookPhone to take screenshots
Getting to the NookPhone's camera app is easy enough:
- Simply press the left trigger to open your NookPhone.
- The first application, on the top left of your NookPhone menu, is the camera app.
- Open the camera, and a HUD (heads-up display) will appear on your screen.
- This displays all of your options, including filters, zoom, and frames.
- When you have the scene set up, capture your photo by pressing the + button
- You can make your character look at the camera by using the right bumper.
Animal Crossing's official Twitter account actually shared a video to show how the NookPhone's camera app works:
NookPhone Apps— Tom Nook (@animalcrossing) March 10, 2020
With the Camera app, you can snap photos of your daily life, which are then stored in the Album on your #NintendoSwitch. With zoom controls & filters, you can easily get exactly the shots you want! Good news for folks eager to capture their island memories, hm? pic.twitter.com/E3lyRUUCxa
How to find your screenshots
You can find all of your screenshots in your Nintendo album:
- Open up your Nintendo to the home screen.
- Find the blue album application available below your list of games.
Want to know more?
Besides screenshots, NookPhone in New Horizons will let you track Nook Miles - or points you earn as you complete tasks like picking weeds. And you can use the NookPhone to call other players on your island for a co-op sesh. The game also supports NookLink. This is found in the NSO app and lets you voice and text chat with other players.