The Nintendo Switch is a great, different kind of games console, considering it is as good when played both at home and as a portable.
That's why we expect many to snap one up and what better than time than during the massive Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales.
So check out the best Switch offers below.
You should also look out for some amazing bargains on the games themselves.
Best Nintendo Switch deals on Black Friday quick links
Below are quick links straight to the Black Friday deals pages for the top retailers, just in case you're looking for something that we haven't covered.
- Amazon Black Friday
- Currys PC World Black Friday
- AO.com Black Friday
- Argos Black Friday
- John Lewis Black Friday
- Very.co.uk Black Friday
- Game.co.uk Black Friday
Nintendo Switch consoles
Whether you want a Nintendo Switch on its own or with a game or two, there are some amazing bargains to be had around the 'net.
• Nintendo Switch with Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Just Dance 2019: Save £63.44, now £299.99 (was £362.43): Get the Pikachu version of the latest Pokemon game and the 2019 version of the great dancing game Just Dance bundled with the coolest console around. View the Nintendo Switch with Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Just Dance 2019 deal on Amazon
• Nintendo Switch with Pokemon Let's Go Eevee and Just Dance 2019: Save £63.44, now £299.99 (was £362.43): If you prefer Eevee as your starting Pokemon in the latest game, this pack comes with that version of the game instead. See this Nintendo Switch Pokemon deal on Amazon here
• Nintendo Switch with Mario Kart Deluxe 8 and Just Dance 2019: Save £60.44, now £299.99 (was £360.43): Instead of the latest Pokemon game, you can opt to get the Nintendo Switch with Mario Kart 8 and Just Dance thrown in. View the Nintendo Switch with Mario Kart Deluxe 8 and Just Dance 2019 deal here on Amazon
• Nintendo Switch with SanDisk Extreme 128GB MicroSD card: Save £32, now £327.99: What better way to get started gaming than with a load of extra storage for all your games? This bundle saves you money and gives you plenty of space for your saves too. View the deal at Argos
• Nintendo Switch Neon with Lego DC Super Villains: Save £23.99, now £299.99: Lego fans will love this offer. The console plus Lego DC Super Villains for a super price. View the Nintendo Switch Neon deal at Game
• Nintendo Switch Neon with Sports Party: Save £24.99, now £289.99: If your mum always told you to go outside and play, then this might be the perfect solution. Sports Party includes classic sports games Frisbee, jet ski, basketball, golf and even beach tennis for you to enjoy on your new Switch console. Click to see this Nintendo Switch deal at Game
• Nintendo Switch Console with Grey Joy-Con: Save £20, now just £259.99: Just the console and nothing else, but this is likely the best price you'll find the Nintendo Switch for. Click to see the deal at Zavvi
Nintendo Switch accessories
If you've already got a Nintendo Switch, there are still some great Black Friday bargains to be had on accessories.
• PowerA Nintendo Switch Joy-Con Charging Dock: Save £15, now £14.99 (was £29.99): Charge both the Joy-Con controllers at once, when detached from the Nintendo Switch itself. View the PowerA Nintendo Switch Joy-Con Charging Dock deal
What is the Nintendo Switch?
The Nintendo Switch is a different kind of console to its peers. Launched in spring 2017, it is both a home games console and a portable one, with a tablet-like screen and attachable Joy-Con controllers for play when out and about. It has a dock to plug it into your home TV when not.
The same games can either be played on the 6.2-inch built-in display or any HDMI-enabled TV, with graphics switching from 720p to up to 1080p respectively.
The clip-on Joy-Con controllers can also be attached to the sides of a Grip accessory to make a gamepad or you can buy a Pro controller separately.
Why buy a Nintendo Switch?
What makes the Nintendo Switch attractive is that it is completely different to all the other games consoles out there. It is equally at home at, er, home as it is when in travel mode. And because the same games work no matter which form of play you adopt, you can carry on where you left off wherever you go.
In addition, the Joy-Con controllers have motion capabilities, so you can use them for motion games, much like the Wii Remotes on Wii and Wii U. That adds an element to play that other games machines don't offer. And finally, each Joy-Con even doubles as a mini controller in its own right, so you can play two-player games without having to buy any additional accessories.
Like Nintendo consoles in general, the best games are usually exclusive to the platform. Super Mario Odyssey has wowed us here at Pocket-lint recently, for example, and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is also considered by many to be one of the games of the year. Both are only available for Switch.
What Nintendo Switch accessories are available?
There are plenty of third-party accessories for the Nintendo Switch that are great to expand the experience.
There are plenty of carry cases available for the Switch, for example. Amazon offers the Orzly Carry Case, with room for spare Joy-Cons, games, leads and the console itself, for just £12. You might find even bigger bargains if you shop around.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, when played on Joy-Cons, also lends itself well to steering wheel controls, which work even better when housed in an official wheel accessory. You can get a two-pack of wheels for less than £8 on Amazon.
It's worth checking retailers for any price drops on the Pro Controller. Considering Nintendo's own wireless version costs £55, any bargain in this area is well worth seeking out.
Amiibo deals can be found if you shop around too.
Nintendo Switch microSD cards
Considering the Nintendo Switch requires the use of a microSD card if you want to store several games on your console, you should look out for any great deals on cards.
MicroSD cards are often included in sales, including Black Friday, especially on Amazon.
The Switch is compatible with microSD, microSDHC and microSDXC cards up to UHS-I in spec. That covers many of the cards already available and if you aren't too worried about the maximum speeds, you can get a real bargain.
Indeed, you can currently get a microSDXC card with 64GB of storage for around £25 from Amazon.
The best deals could come with 128GB microSD cards, however. Amazon currently lists a SanDisk version for around £30 - the one we use on our Switch.