American reseller JR.com has done an "Amazon" and inadvertently released details of a new cheap pocket video camera from Creative.
Called the Creative Vado, the new pocket camcorder, which has yet to be officially announced, sports an incredibly similar spec to the Flip camcorder out in the States already and due to make its UK debut here in the next couple of weeks.
According to the sales blurb on the page the "Creative Vado is a slim, lightweight pocket Video CAM that makes it easy to capture and share everyday life as it happens".
Compared to the Flip's sales blurb which is: "It’s the power of video in your pocket. Capture the everyday moments that happen anywhere, and share them with family and friends everywhere".
Specs of the new Vado include:
- Up to 2 hours of recording with 2GB
- Rechargeable with up to 2 hours of battery life per charge
- VGA video quality (640 x 480)
- Ultra lightweight (3 ounces including battery)
- Built-in Microphone and speaker
- Built-in flexible USB connector
- TV-output (Vado Audio/Video cable available separately)
- Anti-flicker support for adjustment to 50Hz or 60Hz
- Easy-to-use with great video quality at the touch of a button
- Slim, lightweight design that fits in your pocket or purse
- Simple built-in software makes sharing videos on YouTube or Photobucket a snap
JR.com isn't currently specifying when the Creative Vado will be shipping.
We will keep you posted.