Blaupunkt has announced the introduction of the TravelPilot Lucca 5.3 that its describing as its "next generation" portable satellite navigation offering.
The new unit comes in a slim design, incorporating a 4.3-inch touchscreen display. The colour-coded menus are said to be easy to use, and the claim is that the Lucca offers an ultra-fast route calculation.
TravelPilot Lucca 5.3 features at a glance, from Blaupunkt:
- Stylish, slim, space-saving design
- Hands-free mobile phone operation via Bluetooth connectivity
- European safety camera data pre-loaded
- Free built-in TMC reception of traffic information to avoid congestion
- Reliable route guidance in 40 European countries (integrated)
- Full seven digit UK postcode search
- Video playback from SD/MMC card
- Optional reversing camera ideal for trailers, caravans or commercial vehicles
- Easy to operate, with voice control for fast input of destination address
- Ultra-quick route search and calculation
- Lane indication feature
- Automatic night/day mode
- USB 2.0 connectivity
- Pedestrian mode for use outside the vehicle
- Merian Scout travel guide with approx. two million points of interest
- Fast set-up and easy mounting in any vehicle
- 4.3 inch (11cm diagonal) display in 16:9 format
- 30 channel GPS satellite receiver for fast location and fixing of position
- 24 Volt compatible for use in commercial vehicles
- Optional Active Cradle for connection to vehicle sound system (Blaupunkt)
Scanning the spec list, it certainly seems to be a fully-featured option. The Blaupunkt TravelPilot Lucca 5.3 will be available from retailers in October 2007 at a suggested retail price of £349.99.