Sony has launched a new 5.1 megapixel camera featuring a large 2.5in LCD display in the UK that offers a 3x optical zoom and promises 420 shots from one charge.
Sony has placed its faith in its energy-efficient STAMINA system that dramatically improves the amount of shooting time available to the new Cyber-shot W5 camera.
Features include 32Mb of onboard memory, seven pre-programmed scene modes and PictBridge support. The camera will cost £250 and be available at the beginning of March.
• Large 2.5" LCD
• Carl Zeiss® Vario-Tessar® lens
• 3x Optical Zoom, up to 12x Smart Zoom, 6x Precision Digital Zoom
• 5.1 effective Megapixels
• Quick Operation (Start-up 1.3 sec, Shutter Time Lag 0.3 sec, Shutter Release Lag 0.009 sec)
• Stamina Battery Life (approx 420 shots**)
• Real Imaging Processor
• Manual Exposure Setting
• Rechargeable Batteries & Charger included
• MPEG VX Fine with Audio
• AF Illuminator
• Histogram Indication
• USB 2.0 High Speed Transfer
• Scene Selection Mode
• Internal Memory 32MB
• 100% LCD Field of view
• Conversion Lens Compatible (Optional)
• PictBridge* Compatible
• High Quality Aluminium Body