Samsung has announced the release of the Samsung L83T which they describe as a "perfectly packaged compact digital camera".
The L83T, from Samsung's point and shoot L-Series, offers 8.2-megapixels, 3x optical zoom and an ISO of up to 1600.
The L83T has a slimline, minimalist, aluminium body and boasts Samsung’s Intelligent Face Recognition Technology, Samsung’s proprietary ASR image stabilisation system and red eye fix.
Other features include:
• A 2.5-inch TFT LCD screen
• Movie mode offering users the opportunity to capture video, with or without audio, in one of four resolutions up to 800 x 592, at up to 30 fps in MPEG4 format.
• Image stabilization which can be engaged to compensate for unwanted camera movement and subject blur and images can also be edited in the camera
• Shutter speeds of up to 1/2000 sec for fast moving subjects
• An ISO equivalent of 1600 for better pictures in low light
• Various scene modes, continuous shooting and exposure bracketing to help get the best shots
• 19 megabytes of internal memory and the L83T accepts SD memory cards up to 4 gigabytes
• Samsung’s Digimax Master software is also included in the box
The Samsung L83T will be available from August 2007 with a 2-year warranty at around £179.