Pentax has launched a community-based website developed for Pentax photographers.
"The term 'Pentaxian' is used widely by Pentax photographers who describe themselves on various web photo forums," said Ned Bunnell, vice president marketing.
"We built www.pentaxian.com as a gathering place for them all."
At the core of the site are videos that share the stories of four "inspiring" Pentaxian artists and their passion for photography.
Additional current features of www.pentaxian.com include:
* A Community Section with a content geo cloud where visitors from around the world may submit a brief answer to the question "What makes you a Pentaxian?" followed by their name, country, city, and an image of themselves
* "Fun" search options to locate hidden promotions and opportunities to win free premium items such as t-shirts, cameras, lenses, and flashes
* An quiz that tests Pentaxian knowledge and gathers information about what it means to be a Pentaxian
* Access to various Pentaxian print advertising campaigns including PDFs and wallpaper downloads
* A "Keep Me In The Loop" email signup that allows visitors to opt-in to receive future Pentaxian updates including new artist videos, product promotions and more
In addition to the www.pentaxian.com launch, Pentax launched www.pentaxphotogallery.com in August to give photographers around the world the opportunity to be represented in the gallery and share their most defining moments of photography.