Nikon UK has announce the new AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G IF-ED lens, a high-quality compact 3.6x DX zoom designed specifically to work with Nikon’s market-leading D80 and D40/ D40x cameras. The 55-200mm lens is an affordable entry-level lens which features Nikon’s cutting edge Vibration Reduction stabilisation system and exclusive Silent Wave Motor for fast, quiet and precise auto focusing.
With optics designed for the Nikon DX Format digital SLR cameras, this compact lens delivers a picture angle equivalent to that of a 35mm format, 82.5-300mm zoom lens, which enables users to get close to unapproachable subjects.
Nikon’s Vibration Reduction function compensates for camera shake to produce sharper, clearer pictures in unsteady or poorly-lit conditions.
Other fantastic features include Nikon ED glass and aspherical lens elements to minimize chromatic aberration, astigmatism, and other forms of distortion, while ensuring high resolution and contrast.
AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G IF-ED
• A compact telephoto zoom lens featuring VR and SWM at an affordable price
• Vibration Reduction (VR) offers the equivalent of shutter speeds 3 stops faster for more flexible hand-held shooting
• A wide 55-200mm (picture angle equivalent to 82.5-300mm lens in the 35mm format) 3.6x zoom range offers high quality images
• An ED glass element helps minimize chromatic aberration, providing superior contrast and higher resolution
• Compact SWM (Silent Wave Motor) for quiet autofocusing
• Optical performance highly complements Nikon digital SLR cameras
Available from 29 March the lens will cost £249.99