Nikon has announced the launch of a new 5 megapixal and 4.1 megapixal camera. The two models called the Coolpix 5600 and Coolpix 4600 are available from today and priced at £149.99 for the Coolpix 4600 and £199.99 for the Coolpix 5600.
Both models will feature a 1.8in LCD display include Nikon's D-Lighting function, have in-Camera Red-Eye Fix and Blur Warning, which alerts the user when a shot is compromised by camera shake, allowing another shot to be taken to achieve the optimal result.
Both models will also come in a choice of five Colour options and have 14MB of internal memory. The cameras are also compatible with SD cards, which enable a large number of shots to be stored.
Nikon Coolpix 5600 and 4600 features at a glance:
- Compact and easy-to-carry dimensions of 85 x 60 x 35mm (3.3 x 2.4 x 1.4 in.) (W x H x D)
- Light weight - approximately 130g (4.6 oz.) (without battery and memory card)
- Attractive, ergonomic grip for comfortable, confident shooting
- BSS (Best Shot Selector) automatically selects and saves the best exposure from ten sequential shots
- 4 of the 16 Scene Modes offer Scene Assistance (Portrait, Night Portrait, Sports, Landscape)
- Noise Reduction automatically achieves more faithful color reproduction in some Scene Modes
- Time zone function allows local time to be set easily anywhere
- USB compatibility enables swift transfer of image data to PC's
- Voice memo function (not available on Coolpix 4600) records up to 20 seconds of sound that can then be attached to an image
- All buttons located on camera back for easy operation
- 4x digital zoom capability
- Single AF and Continuous AF selectable in Movie Mode
- Choice of White Balance: Auto with TTL control, 5-mode manual (Daylight, Incandescent, Fluorescent, Cloudy and Speedlight) and Preset
- Allows direct printing to PictBridge-compatible printers
- Options for playback: Single, 4- and 9-segment thumbnail, Slideshow
- Built-in Speedlight: features settings for Auto, Red-eye Reduction by pre-flash, Anytime flash, Flash cancel and Slow sync.