Canon has announced the launch of two new tilt and shift lenses, the Ultra-Wide angle TS-E 17mm f/4L and the TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II, an upgrade to the TS-E 24mm f/3.5L.
At 17mm, Canon says the TS-E 17mm f/4L has the widest view angle of any tilt and shift lens currently available making it "ideal" for architectural or landscape photography.
The lens comes with Canon's sub-wavelength structure coating, specifically designed to minimise ghosting and flare caused by internal reflections.
Canon has now added a new "unique" functionality to the TS-E 17mm f/4L and TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II, allowing users to rotate the direction of the tilt and shift independently of each other.
This means greater control over the focal plane, claiming to replicate the movements of a large format view camera.
Canon today has also introduced a new range (52mm to 72mm) of versatile, multi-functional PL-C B polarizing filters to help reduce reflections from glass or water or darken blue skies.
The PL-C B’s, which are now available in 52mm, 58mm, 67mm, 72mm, 77mm and 82mm filter thread sizes, also allows the lens cap to be attached to the lens to prevent damage to the filter if left attached when not in use.
The TS-E 17mm f/4L will be available from May priced at £2749.99/3049.99 euros while the TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II will also be available from May for £2399.99/2659.99 euros.
Key features of the TS-E 17mm f/4L and TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II (in Canon's words):
* Tilt and shift lenses compatible with all Canon EOS cameras
* Ultra Wide 17mm / wide 24mm focal length, ideal for architecture and landscapes
* High precision lens elements for low distortion and high resolution to the edge of the image
* ± 6.5° Tilt and ±12mm Shift (TS-E 17mm f/4L) ± 8.5° Tilt and ±12mm Shift (TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II)
* Tilt and shift mechanism rotates +/-90° allowing shift in any direction
* Tilt mechanism rotates +/-90° allowing tilt in any direction relative to the shift
* Aspherical and UD lens elements minimise chromatic aberration
* Sub-wavelength structure and super-spectra coatings minimise ghosting and flare
* Circular aperture for creative, blurred highlights
* TS-E 17mm f/4L has a floating internal focus mechanism delivers high image quality throughout focus range