Are you an Amy Whitehouse waiting to be discovered (and then, presumably, urged to go to rehab)? Or maybe you fancy yourself as the next King of Croon - knocking old Buble off of his perch?
Maybe you've just got a unique voice like the chap from Police Academy, but have nowhere of laying down the evidence?
Well, now you have thanks to today's App of The Day.....
- iPhone / iPod touch
- App Store
VoiceJam, and its vocal recording functions, have been around for a while now - but it's the most recent update that has made Pocket-lint sit up and take notice.
And that's because version 1.2 has added the TC-Helicon VoiceTone C1 vocal stompbox as an in-app purchase, complete with its extreme auto pitch correction - which is handy if your singing voice is as terrible as Pocket-lint's (think Sheep castration).
Also added in the update are:
- Input metering: Singers can be sure they’re singing at ideal volume levels by watching the colour of the input waveform.
- Shots mode: Allows a vocalist to instantly re-trigger loops like samples on a drum pad.
- Live Performance Flyover: Includes the new loop mixer to non-destructively tweak the level of each loop, and offers other controls designed to aid customers during live performances.
- SoundCloud: a new uncompressed SoundCloud option allows for high quality uncompressed recordings to be instantly uploaded and shared.
- Share an idea: A link that gives vocalists the opportunity to share new feature ideas directly with TC-Helicon’s development team.
TC-Helicon’s product manager, Tom Lang, said: "This new version of VoiceJam significantly builds upon its greatest achievement: creating amazing music from scratch, with nothing but your phone or mobile device.
"The addition of In-App purchases of vocal effects from the stompboxes I love is really going to open things up for singers out there. We’re excited to see a lot of extremely creative audio tracks and videos being shared by our users on SoundCloud and YouTube in the coming months."
The VoiceJam app costs £2.99 and the in-app purchase of C1 is £5.99 - although there's 60 per cent off until 15 May.