(Pocket-lint) - WhatsApp and the World Health Organization (WHO) have joined forces to offer a new, free sticker pack to help people communicate throughout the coronavirus crisis and to remind users of the guidelines for staying healthy.
The new "Together at Home" stickers encourage users to wash their hands, stay at home, and celebrate the frontline healthcare workers who are working day and night to save lives.
Here is how to use them in your chats.
How to use the lockdown stickers in WhatsApp
To use the Together at Home stickers in your chats, you need to first download the free pack. Here's how.
- Open or start any chat within the WhatsApp application.
- Tap the sticker icon the right-hand side of the chat box at the bottom of the screen.
- Now tap the plus icon which is inside a circle on the right-hand side of the box that pops up.
- That will bring up all of the sticker packs available to you and Together at Home should be at the top (as long as you are on the "All stickers" tab".
- Tap the download icon next to the Together at Home pack.
- Come out of the stickers pop-up and you'll see the new WHO stickers in your library to use.
- Tap on one and it will appear instantly in your chat - hurrah!
As well as English, the sticker pack is available with localised language options in Arabic, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Turkish.
WhatsApp stickers launched a year-and-a-half ago and have become hugely popular since. The new pack represents the latest effort by owner Facebook and the chat app to help spread fun and friendly advice about the outbreak, while also enforcing measures to avoid the dissemination of false and fake information.
It has already limited the ability to forward messages in order to help prevent the spread of fake news.