(Pocket-lint) - Instagram added a feature to Stories at the end of 2019 that offered another creative way to tell a story.
The update offered the ability to post multiple photos in one frame or on one screen on your Instagram Story. See the example below:
Strike a pose. And another pose. And then another.— Instagram (@instagram) December 17, 2019
With Layout, you can now capture and share multiple photos in your story — a new, creative way to express yourself. Check it out! pic.twitter.com/j02aYOjsoO
How does Layout work?
This is a simple feature that works with up to six photos. Before the 2019 update, you'd have to use a third-party app or a hack (copy a photo from a gallery and paste it in a text box) to achieve the same effect. Since the update though, it can be done without leaving Instagram and with a few simple taps.
- Open Instagram (make sure you're running the latest version).
- On the home screen, tap Your Story to create a story.
- When on the capture screen, tap the layout icon on the left bar
- Tap on the layout grid below on the left to see the different options
- Select which sort of layout you'd like. Notice they look like collages.
- Add your media, and then when you're done, send it to your Story or to friends.
Is that it?
Yep! For more about how Instagram or Instagram Stories works, see our guides: