Google has extended its Calendar offering in the States by letting users add in events they can view via the Google Calendar Gallery.
Describing the service as the "next best thing to a personal concierge" Google has created a one one-click way for users to import local and National events and schedules into their personalised Calendar offering.
Using the service, people can browse detailed sports, music, and TV schedules and add either individual events or complete schedules so they don't miss out on events that interest them.
You don't have to have a Google Calendar to use the Gallery service, people can browse the listings for free, and look at preview images and videos, but obviously only those with a Google Calendar will be able to diarise the events.
Email or mobile phone reminder alerts will also be available and users can share events with with friends and family.
Highlights of the initial Calendar content is as follows:
• TV listings for your zip code, with extra details on TLC shows
• Presidential candidates' 2008 schedules from The New York Times
• Sports schedules provided by Eventful and the NBA
• Theme park events and schedules from Disney
• Updates on travel deals and the ability to search on Orbitz within your calendar
• Concert dates from Atlantic Records, Cordless Recordings, Eventful and JamBase
• Festival schedules from Wcities and Zvents
• Movie and DVD release dates from Netflix
• "Music Horoscopes" and celeb birthdays from artists on Atlantic Records
You can find out more via the link below.