Millions of BT customers could see some tasty savings as the phone company is cutting the prices of its Option 2 and 3 call packages by up to 20% and introducing some new money-saving packages.
The official information on the price cuts is littered with footnotes, so we recommend you visit the site for full information on what this could mean for you as an individual consumer, but highlights of the cost cuts include:
• Option 3 is cut from £9.95 to £7.95
• Option 2 is cut from £3.95 to £3.45
• Line rental is cut to £10.50 for customers who choose an environmentally friendly paper-free bill
• Free weekend and evening landline UK calls for a year to anyone signing up to Option 2 if you commit to an 18-month deal
• BT International Freedom is a new package offering unlimited calls to 36 countries for just £5 per month
• BT is also offering savings of at least 25 per cent on calls to mobiles with its CallMobile package.
Gavin Patterson, BT managing director, consumer said: "BT has reduced prices by more than £1 billion in the last decade and today’s cuts show that we offer the best value for call packages. We’ve also made it easy for customers to save money on their calls to mobiles and abroad. For anyone who was tempted away, there’s never been a better time to come back to BT".
BT will introduce further price changes from August 1. The cost of calls to UK landlines at evenings and weekends is set to fall by 18%, but the cost of daytime calls will go up from 3p per minute to 3.25p.
Find out more via the link below.