It's that time of year again for the "best of" and "top ten" annual lists.
Google just named the top-trending YouTube videos in 2016, and now Apple has announced its favourite apps, games, music, movies, and more. The company's top pick for apps is Prisma, which we reviewed this past summer and absolutely loved, while Supercell’s Clash Royale took the best game spot. Amazingly, Pokemon Go didn't make the cut, though it was noted as a "breakout hit".
Check out all the apps and games below.
Apple: Best apps in 2016
- Prisma - AI-powered filters for photos
- MSQRD - Live filters similar to the lenses in Snapchat
- Quartz - Threaded news app
- Vogue - It’s Vogue, the magazine
- Meditation Studio - A guided meditation guided app
- Detour - GPS-based walking tours with audio
- Credit Karma - An app that delivers free credit scores
- Glasses by Warby Parker - An app that lets you order glasses
- Hyper - See a new social video every hour
- Tinycards - A Flashcard app
Apple: Best games in 2016
- Clash Royale - A Medieval-based card game
- Reigns - Rule your kingdoma and try to survive
- Plants vs. Zombies - It's plants vs zombies
- twofold Inc. - A bright and fun puzzle game
- Riptide GP - A 3D rocket racing game
- FIFA Mobile Soccer - It's FIFA's app
- Rodeo Stampede - A runner game with animals
- “klocki” - A geometric puzzler
- Steppy Pants - It's like the newage Flappy Bird
- The Trail - This is a game about hiking
Apple also selected best movies, books, songs, albums, and more. Go to Apple's site to see the winners of each category.