Amazon has confirmed that Amazon Prime Day will take place across 16th and 17th July 2018 - that's this coming Monday and Tuesday. And some deals are already live!
The deals will go on for 36 hours and we'd expect the bulk of Prime Day UK deals to go live on the 17th in that case with some tasty lead-up deals before then. Indeed, the deals start today - 3 July - with Amazon launching its Prime Day Hub. Not only that, but it has a range of launch deals and exclusives.
In the lead up to the big day - and all day on Prime Day itself - we'll bring you all the best Amazon Prime Day deals that we can right here.
Like Black Friday, it's a chance to pick up some amazing bargains. On Prime Day though, it's all about Amazon. It ends at midnight and when the deals are gone, they're gone.
- Are you in the US? Then check out our Amazon USA Prime Day deals page
What you should do right now
To get the deals you need to be a Prime member. If you're not, it's high time you signed up for Prime membership - you get 30-days free membership if you've not been a member before. Read more about it here.
As we mentioned, Amazon Prime Day is 16 July, starting at midday and running through to midnight on 17 July - a full 36 hours of deals.
What deals will there be on Amazon Prime Day?
Turning to the deals themselves, here are some of the Amazon launch day exclusives that will be available as part of Prime Day:
- Arlo Home Security light for £139
- InLife robot vacuum cleaner for £199
- Up to 30% off Sony and Canon Cameras
- Up to 30% off TVs from LG, Sony, Toshiba and more
- Up to 30% off projectors from Epson, Optoma, LG and Sony
- Up to 30% off Sennheiser, Bose and Sony Headphones
- Up to 55% off Samsonite and American Tourister Luggage
- Up to 30% off Keter Garden Furniture and Storage
- Up to 40% off Kitchen and Home appliances including Crock-Pot, Tefal and Philips
- Up to 30% off Audio Technica, Ion Audio and Hercules
Amazon is also be offering deals on some Amazon devices (as you might expect!)
- £35 off the Kindle Paperwhite, Prime Day price, £74.99 (was £109.00)
- £40 off Fire 7 Kids Edition Tablet, Prime Day price, £59.99 (was £99.99)
- £40 off Fire HD 8 Kids Edition Tablet, Prime Day price, £89.99 (was £129.99)
Also check out the Amazon Music Unlimited deal that will get you 4 months for just 99p - normally it's £9.99 a month - that's a steal.
These are just the start of Amazon Prime Day deals and we'll bring you all the rest as we get them.
What deals will be part of Amazon Prime Day 2018?
We will be adding deals as we spot them throughout Amazon Prime Day, but you can check out these popular deal pages on Amazon (UK) to see if there is a deal for you already:
- Best Computer and Accessories deals
- Best DVD & Blu-ray deals
- Best Electronics deals
- Best Kindle and Fire deals
- Best PC & Video game deals
- Best Software deals
- Best Sports Technology deals
- Best Toys and Games deals
- Best Watch deals
You can ask an Alexa-enabled device, such as an Amazon Echo or Amazon Dot, "Alexa, what are your deals?", and you'll get a heads up on many Prime Day deals. Try asking Alexa right now, she's always got deals on the go.
How to find Lightning deals for Amazon Prime Day
Lighting deals go as quick as they arrive and are offered throughout Amazon Prime Day. Check out links below for Lightning deals in key areas on Amazon.co.uk:
- Best Computer and Accessories lightning deals
- Best DVD & Blu-ray lightning deals
- Best Electronics lightning deals
- Best Kindle and Fire lightning deals
- Best PC & Video game lightning deals
- Best Software lightning deals
- Best Sport Technology lightning deals
- Best Toys and Games lightning deals
- Best Watch lightning deals
Can you get Amazon Prime Now on Amazon Prime Day?
Yes you can on selected items. Prime Now is Amazon's free two-hour delivery service available to customers in select postcodes in London, Birmingham, Hertfordshire, Sheffield, Surrey, Newcastle, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Portsmouth and Glasgow. You order something from the dedicated smartphone application or in-browser at primenow.amazon.co.uk and it will be with you, with free delivery, within two hours.
Last year Amazon Prime Now deals included:
- 30 per cent off select Walkers crisps
- 40 per cent off select Nescafe coffee
- 30 per cent off select Coca-Cola bottles and cans
- 25 per cent off select wine when you buy 6 bottles
- 20 per cent off select items from Dettol, Vanish and Finish
Amazon Music Unlimited is cheap for Prime Day
Prime members who are yet to try Music Unlimited - Amazon's own music streaming service and rival to Spotify and Apple Music can do so on the cheap around Prime Day. Listen for four months for just 99p. Get the deal.
The service usually costs £7.99 a month for Prime members (or £79 a year on top of Prime membership). You can also listen for just £3.99 on a single Echo or Echo Dot.
Those who want to upgrade to a Family Plan for the whole family to enjoy, from an Individual plan could also do this for a cheaper price.
Amazon Prime Day 2018 tips and tricks
Get an Amazon Prime free trial to get the deals
Amazon Prime costs £79 a year. You can, however, sign up for a free 30-day trial to get the deals. A neat trick is that you are fully entitled to cancel your Amazon Prime subscription after once you've got your shopping deal.
As long as you cancel the trial before the end you won't be charged the £79 / $99 yearly subscription. Amazon hopes though that once you've enjoyed some of the benefits you won't hit the cancel button.
Don't miss an Amazon Prime Day deal
Get the dedicated Amazon shopping app on your mobile and turn on notifications. Within the notifications settings you can turn on "Watched" and "Waitlisted Deals" so you don't miss it.
Save even more money on your Amazon Prime Day deal
Get £1 back by opting for No-Rush Delivery if you don't need your new bargain straight away.
Make a list to get the best deals
Rather than going in with a scattergun approach, make a list before you go onto Amazon and be targeted about the products you want. It might be in July, but Amazon Prime Day is a perfect chance to do your Christmas shopping on the cheap.
It's sure to be a big day for deals on Tuesdau. Hitwise data reveals that the volume of Prime Day web searches were up 57% compared to last year and on the day of Prime Day's official announcement, searches unsurprisingly increased 162%
Amazon's own devices are the most popular products on Prime Day. Echo Dot and Kindle were the most viewed product pages in the days leading up to the announcement of the sale. There were also 68,000 visits to the Nintendo Switch product page in the past seven days, too, in anticipation of a decent Nintendo Switch deal.
Found a great deal?
On the day itself, let us know about your favourite deals @pocketlint.