Wii Fit tops All Format charts for fifth time
Nintendo's Wii Fit is proving ever popular with gamers, as it claims its place at the top of the ELSPA Gfk-ChartTrack All Formats chart for the fifth time.
However, it was closely challenged by Activision Blizzard's Call of Duty: World at War, which sold just 1262 units less than the fitness game.
Even EA's new Lord of the Rings: Conquest made its debut at a strong third place, selling just 2500 less than the chart topper and making the top three a very cosy place to be.
Last week's number one, Fifa '09, dropped way back to fourth place, while another Wii-exclusive game - Wii Play - sat just below it in fifth place.
Elsewhere in the charts we saw re-entries from Microsoft's Halo 3 at 29 and Sony's Resistance 2 at 39, while James Bond shooter Quantum of Solace dropped out of the top ten to 12th.
The ELSPA Gfk-ChartTrack All Formats Top ten for the week ending 17 Jan is as follows:
1. Wii Fit (Nintendo)
2. Call of Duty: World at War (Activision Blizzard)
3. The Lord of the Rings: Conquest (EA)
4. FIFA 09 (EA)
5. Wii Play (Nintendo)
6. Need for Speed: Undercover (EA)
7. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Sega)
8. Guitar Hero: World Tour (Activision Blizzard)
9. Carnival: Funfair Games (2K Play)
10. Dr Kawashima’s Brain Training (Nintendo)
Wii Fit has only ever been able to hold on to its crown for one week at a time, so we'll see how the fitness favourite fares next week.