Fifa '09 named best selling All Format game 2008
End-of-year data from ELSPA and Gfk-ChartTrack has shown that Fifa '09 was the best-selling All Format game of the year, thanks to two million copies being snapped up since October.
Mario Kart came in a close second, but did make the best-selling single-SKU of the year, which isn't surprising considering its regular appearance in the top ten since its April 2008 release.
In fact, six Nintendo titles (five Wii, one DS) made it into the top ten best-selling single-SKUs, and were surrounded by the likes of GTA IV for both PS3 and Xbox 360 and Call of Duty: World at War. Fifa for 360 still creeped in and rounded off the chart at number ten.
Nintendo also did well in the All Formats Chart as well, and although none of its titles made it to number one, five games exclusive to its format made the chart in total.
The full 2008 top tens for individual SKU and All Formats sales are listed below.
2008 TOP 10 - INDIVIDUAL SKUS
1. Mario Kart Wii (Wii) Nintendo
2. Wii Fit (Wii) Nintendo
3. Wii Play (Wii) Nintendo
4. Dr Kawashima's Brain Training (DS) Nintendo
5. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Wii) Sega
6. GTA IV (360) Rockstar
7. GTA IV (PS3) Rockstar
8. Call of Duty: World at War (360) Activision
9. Carnival Funfair (Wii) 2K
10. FIFA 09 (360) EA
2008 TOP 10 - ALL FORMATS
1. FIFA 09 EA
2. Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)
3. GTA IV (Rockstar)
4. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Sega)
5. Wii Fit (Nintendo)
6. Call of Duty: World at War (Activision)
7. Wii Play (Nintendo)
8. Dr Kawashima's Brain Training (Nintendo)
9. Lego Indiana Jones (LucasArts)
10. Carnival Funfair (2K)