It seems Grand Theft Auto can do no wrong. Forbes magazine has dug up some data from NPD Group, which shows GTA: San Andreas is the best-selling game of all time in the US. Well, in the last 15 years at least.
And there's not just that. GTA Vice City and GTA III also managed to power their way into the top ten as well, racking up fourth and ninth places respectively.
NPD Group looked back at sales numbers from 1993 to the present day, yet all of the titles on the US best-sellers list were released after 2001.
This is perhaps not so surprising when you consider that the best-selling console of all time, the PS2, was released in 2000.
Three titles from last year - Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock and Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, both from Activision, and EA's Madden NFL 2008 - made the list, but it's always worth noting that they were released on multiple platforms, which no doubt boosted their numbers somewhat.
So drum roll please - the top ten best-selling titles in the US based upon units sold are as follows:
1. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (9.43 million)
2. Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (8.2 million)
3. Madden NFL 2007 (7.7 million)
4. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (7.3 million)
5. Madden NFL 2006 (6.65 million)
6. Halo 2 (6.6 million)
7. Madden NFL 2008 (6.56 million)
8. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (6.25 million)
9. Grand Theft Auto III (6.2 million)
10. Madden NFL 2005 (6.1 million)