Alpine launches FM and Bluetooth transmitter for car stereos
Alpine has announced the launch of the eX-10, an "advanced" iPod controller with Bluetooth capabilities.
The eX-10 enables users to connect an iPod to any existing car stereo giving users full control thanks to the FM transmitter that broadcasts the signal from the iPod to any car radio.
So far, so standard, but what might well add appeal is the built-in Bluetooth that also offers users a hands-free function for Bluetooth-enabled phones, as well as supplying caller number display and streaming music playback with compatible handsets.
Powered via the cigarette lighter socket and then plugging straight into the iPod with the cable provided, Alpine claims easy set up for the new device that offers a colour display with three different viewing modes, including album artwork.
The eX-10 retails at £149.99. Features, in Alpine's words:
- 2.2-inch high-resolution TFT display
- Full speed connection all iPod models with dock connector
- Built-in high quality FM transmitter and modulator
- Works with any original equipment or aftermarket car radio
- Quick Search
- Three viewing modes for iPod playback
- Album artwork display
- Built-in Bluetooth module for hands-free phone operation
- Compatible with many Bluetooth enabled mobile phones
- Caller's voice heard through vehicle speakers
- Phonebook access
- Caller ID display
- Bluetooth Audio Streaming Ready
- AUX output (mini-jack)
- Included wireless remote control, wiring harness, power adapters for cigarette lighter socket and microphone