Motorola has announced that it is to "enrich" the MOTO Z8 product experience.
The multimedia offering is to get "industry-leading" applications and solutions from Actimagine, CNN Mobile, DataViz, Podcast.com, ShoZu, weComm and Yahoo!.
The Kick Slider, that launched recently, will offer owners the following:
* Actimagine - Actimagine develops and sells Mobiclip, a patented software video codec which has been optimised for mobile platforms. Mobiclip offers DVD-like quality - 30fps full screen - for all kinds of video, both free and premium content, without apparently compromising battery-life.
* CNN Mobile - CNN International allows users to stay informed while on the go with CNN Mobile internet site. A pre-embedded URL in the MOTO Z8's internet browser allows direct access to CNN's "World News Now", an hourly, two-minute video news summary, as well as the easy-to-navigate home page with links to ohter stories and areas.
* DataViz - DataViz offers its Documents To Go document viewer application for MOTO Z8. The Documents To Go viewer edition is specifically tailored for Motorola's MOTO Z8 and enables users to open and view Microsoft Office
Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files.
* Podcast.com - Enables consumers to download their favorite audio and video podcasts direct from the internet automatically to their handset or PC.
* ShoZu - ShoZu provides mobile social media services that enable fast, easy exchange of multimedia content and web-based services on mobile phones. Optimised for MOTO Z8, ShoZu's Share-It service provides users with an easy method to upload photos and video clips captured on their camera phones to a growing list of over two dozen blogs, social networking sites and news desks, as well any email address, with one or zero clicks.
In addition, ShoZu offers MOTO Z8 users its ZuCast media delivery service, which offers automated, zero-click delivery of user-selected content such as video, audio, photos and music directly to the mobile phone.
* weComm - weComm develops the Sky Anytime on Mobile application for BSkyB. It has worked closely with Motorola to port the application to the MOTO Z8 for pre-installation. Sky Anytime on Mobile provides MOTO Z8 users with an interactive mobile TV application that extends Sky's digital TV experience to the mobile platform.
* Yahoo! - Yahoo! Go 2.0 is a mobile application featuring an easy to navigate carousel of widgets that gives consumers access to a wide variety of Internet services - search, local, mail, photos, news, sports and weather services on their mobile phone and will come pre-loaded on MOTO Z8.
Key features include Yahoo! oneSearch, Yahoo! Local, Yahoo! Maps, Yahoo! Mail, Flickr, Yahoo! News, Yahoo! Sports,
Yahoo! Finance, Yahoo! Entertainment and Yahoo! Weather.