Samsung has launched the 7-megapixel L730 and the 8-megapixel L830.
These new digital compact cameras have been described as the "next generation" models of Samsung’s L series.
Both cameras combine Samsung’s advanced image processing technology and Samsung’s Intelligent Face Recognition Technology, encased in a compact aluminium body.
Both models also feature 3x optical zoom, a bright 2.5-inch LCD display as well as an array of video and editing features.
Other features include:
• Movie mode lets users capture video, with or without audio, in one of four resolutions, from 320 x 240 to 800 x 592
• Shutter speeds of up to 1/1,500 sec for fast moving subjects
• An ISO equivalent of 1600 for better pictures in low light
• Various scene modes, continuous shooting and exposure bracketing to help get the best shots
• 16 megabytes of internal memory, and both models accept SD cards up to 4 gigabytes
• Samsung’s Digimax Master software is also included in the box
The Samsung L730 will be £119 and the L830 will be £149, both will be available from the end of August.