Every woman worries about the perfect fit, whether it is those snappy heels, a pair of jeans or the season’s hottest jacket. The same applies to the fit of their bike – but they need worry no more! Pinnacle, the all-new UK cycle brand, has created a range of mountain bikes specifically for the female rider.
Designed right here in the UK, the Aura range is a clean, simple and lightweight collection of mountain bikes. Pinnacle have incorporated a number of adjustments and changes to more male-centric bikes, including angling the frame further forward to ensure female riders are not wasting effort sitting too far back on the bike or stretching far forward to reach the handlebars. “There are a number of products aimed at women in the market”, says Pinnacle Brand Manager, Scott Hargrave. “What we wanted to do was take it further by developing a range that is specifically designed for women, as opposed to scaled-down versions of male bikes.”
Kitted out with front-fork suspension and mountain biking tyres, Pinnacle have refined every singular aspect of the Aura range to include the subtlest, yet crucial, differences that perfect the female cycling experience. As Hargrave explains, “A correctly designed women’s frame will allow the rider to make good use of the front suspension, as the rider’s weight will be centred correctly. Since women on average weigh less, we fit lighter springs so the fork becomes active as soon as it is needed, and not once excessive weight has been pushed on to it”. Tyre choice also differs, with a softer rubber compound with smaller tread to ensure ample grip, despite less weight being placed on the tyres.
In 2006 national mountain biking champion Amy Thomson competed on a Pinnacle Prototype, the race-spec Aura bike. Her expert feedback was channelled into the factory models, ensuring a genuine competitive pedigree filters down to the Aura consumer range.
“Women can expect more with the new Pinnacle Aura range”, says Hargrave. “We will continue to develop specific female-focused components for the Aura line – we love attention to detail!”
Pinnacle Aura bikes are available exclusively at Evans Cycles stores. The entire Pinnacle range includes 34 bikes split into four families: mountain bikes, road bikes, commuting bikes and children’s bikes.
Pinnacle Aura 2.0 ’07 (pictured) technical specs:
• Pinnacle A6 Alloy custom shaped tubing with Project Aura P-Fit geometry and smooth welding process
• RockShox Dart 2 80mm travel fork with upgraded Alloy steerer and lowered spring rate for lighter riders
• Shimano MC442 Octalink chainset with Octalink bottom bracket
• Shimano Deore front and rear derailleurs
• Shimano Deore M511 27 speed STI gear shifters
• Shimano M421 Alloy V-brake with Tektro Tenera Women’s optimised brake levers with rubber grip insert
• WTB double wall alloy rims CNC machined sidewalls with Shimano M495 Centerlock disc compatible hubs and Continental Twister Pro tyres
• Triple density women’s optimised ergonomic handlebar grip
• Oversize Alloy platform pedals