ATI has announced a new PCI Express-based graphics processor for laptops - the MOBILITY RADEON X700 that aims to provide better graphics and less power drain on a new range of laptops being released.
Partners already include all the major manufacturers including Acer, Arima, Asus, Alienware, BenQ, Clevo, Compal, ECS, Eurocom, Fujitsu, Fujitsu-Siemens, Gateway Inc, Inventec, Lenovo, LG, Medion, MSI, Samsung, Sony, Targa, Toshiba and Uniwill.
The chipset offers a wide range of features including:
- Eight parallel pixel pipelines and six programmable vertex pipelines for lightning fast graphics performance
- POWERPLAY 5.0 with new PCI Express based power management capabilities for longer battery life
- LRTC and LCD-EE for high-quality, crisp video playback on notebook panels
- Automatic Display Configuration technology for simplified setup of external displays
- High performance GDDR3 memory support
- A range of integrated memory options optimized for space and power efficiency on thin-and-light designs