Epson has launched the successor to the EPSON Perfection 1670 and EPSON Perfection 1670 Photo. The new scanner is targeted at home users who want to scan film at home but may be daunted by the prospect.
The EPSON Perfection 2480 Photo will be able to handle high-definition images as well as 35mm film. The scanner captures detail at 2400 x 4800 dpi, which allows users to create photo-quality A3 prints from 35mm film. In addition, the device includes a built-in film adapter for digitising positive and negative film. The user can also restore precious memories with the built-in colour restoration and dust removal features.
The scanner will cost £79
EPSON Perfection 2480 Photo Features Summary
- High resolution (2400 x 4800 dpi) for picking up minute detail and creating up to A3 prints from 35mm film
- Colour restoration and dust removal features for repairing old and faded photos
- Built-in film adapter for digitising and archiving positive and negative 35mm film
- Standard USB 2.0 hi-speed interface offers incredibly fast scanning whilst maintaining compatibility with standard USB 1.1
- Optional Multi Photo Feeder available for even easier 10” x 15” photo scanning
- Award winning software bundle including:
- The latest version of the EPSON scan application
- ArcSoft PhotoImpression™ 5 photo creativity software
- ABBYY FineReader 5 Sprint OCR software
- Simple one-click, scan to email, scan to web, scan and save and copy tools